A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D cubes

Talking

I want to make some spinning and moving 3D cubes for a logo intro. I see that many people use Swift 3D to create 3D effects in flash. I have version 1.0 but cant seem to be able to create a cube. There are cones, circles, text but no cubes? Anybody have experience with Swift that could help me? Also, what version is Swift (Mac) up to now?
    If you guys can reccomend any other 3D software that is useful in Flash that would be great too=)

Thanks

I do not work with 3D so I don't know how to help you with it, what i do knwo, is that there is a Swift 3D forum here @ Flashkit
    Perhaps you should take a look there.

damn man the fellow above me is pretty brilliant isnt he

Lightbulb some interesting replies

Well I guess not that many know about swift...or nobody wants to help me. Either way, after some time playing around I found out the answer to my own question and...well I guess I will post it. By picking a webdings or zaf font you can select a square "letter" and use that as a cube. Also I discovered that you can import keenly designed illustrator eps files. I am very familar with illustrator so I was pleased to discover how powerful and useful importanting Illustrator stuff is. I did a 3D nintendo logo in a few minutes...which also crashed swift because it had to render about 6,000 polys a frame. Now I really appreciate the poly count of my ps2...even if the metal gear demo is the best thing on the system thus far.

I look forward to you guys helping me in the future with other questions
    ye ye woo ye

mentally unstable member smayer72's Avatar

cube in swift?? easy

heres how
    start a new layout and select text. select windings from the drop down menu then click the wierd looking button below the font name. select the solid black square from the available shapes, then hit apply. instant cube, but you may have to adjust the depth to get it perfect,

Hope this helps

Scott

thanks scott

Thanks Scott=)