A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matrix's Kung Fu (3D) effect...

I have seen a flash movie. It has a execellent Kung Fu shot, which is in Matrix style... change the angle of the camera suddenly... and the character starts to fight after changed the angle of view... it's cool! Man!
    I would like to know does anyone can tell me how can I create an animation in this special style in Flash 5? Especially how I can create the 3D movement of the background... Do I need any special software? I'm a Mac user.
    Here is the URL of the movie, the Matrix shot will be shown in the final scene of the movie.
    http://games.sohu.com/fightgame/fight3.swf

watchaaa HU - Hoyaaaaa SchU

Yes, I've seen this extraordinary piece of art !

I'm not sure how he did the fighting parts, I guess it's just lots and lots of work.

The 3D Scene was probably done in Swift (I'd do it), and the rotating room was placed in the background. Then he animated the characters over the rotating room.

FK Doctor of Love
    that is no Swift 3D, it is most likely (I would say I'm 95% sure) done entirely in Flash, with maybe Freehand to draw some things

you couldn't even do that in Swift, and there wouldn't be any advantage to doing so

Lightbulb What about Bryce 4?

I've searched for this topic on the net for whole night. Finally I found that somebody had talked about it before on this Forum page. Everyone can check back the previous messages... Well I believe that it was done in 2 parts.
    First part is the background, I'm wondering if we can do it by Bryce 4? Just simply create a 3D stage (or room), and place a camera which moves on a twisted route...... This scence may takes few seconds... and then export it to Flash. And put this 3D movie as the background of the Matrix shot.
    Second part is the movement of characters, it would be most difficult part of the whole scence. He must be spent a lots of time of it. WELL DONE!!

isn't that what I said ?

Doesn't matter if it's Bryce, Swift, Strata, it's gotta be something that exports to flash, or can be converted to flash.

Since I did something similar in Swift already, I'd take Swift since it exports a nice swf file you can use.

Cool stuff !

wel to say it is kick ass but it didnt amaze me

ive Seen Better ones using paromaric blahbla images + 3d

nice job though

check out my 3d
    http://www.e-x-design.com

I think you guys are losing the idea!!!
    This kung fu is a piece of art, an amazing animation. The simplicity but at the same time the amount of detail in each movement…just grate!!!

I agree with D-Meister. Doesn't matter if it's Maya, Softimage, Bryce, Swift, Strata, Freehand or Paint…

Just enjoy the animation frame by frame!!!

actually

What's even more amazing than the Matrix effect is the realism in the movements.

At first, I had the feeling that this guy used motion capturing to get the smooth animations, but not I don't think that's even possible.

And the way they fight ! I'm sure the author has had martial arts training, because it's just so real.

The 3D Matrix effect is just icing on the cake.

I wish I could do that !

Anyone know him ? Maybe he should post the original FLA so we all learn a bit about realistic movements ))

Panoramas are boring !

The 3d matrix effect is not that hard...
    You can simple create the scene in 3d... and rotate camera
    Use the illustrate plugin for exporting it to swf.

Probably Swift

This scene(except for the characters) was probably done with swift 3d. When u export the files u can do simple outlines. No fills No wireframe just a simple outline. This effect looks very similar to the style of animation that is in this movie.

P.S. Maybe the guy just watched a lot of jackie chan movies for the movement. (watch the part with the bow)

The room was porbably modeled in 3ds max, then exported using either illustrate or vecta. The animation is consistent with others done that way. The characters, on the other hand, seem to be hand drawn. However he did it, its pretty darn cool.

has anybody...

just e-mailed the person to ask? the e-mail address is clearly on the screens...

Originally posted by newtheory
    The room was porbably modeled in 3ds max, then exported using either illustrate or vecta. The animation is consistent with others done that way. The characters, on the other hand, seem to be hand drawn. However he did it, its pretty darn cool.

I would really like to take a look at the animation you guys are talking about... where can I see it?

Smile Re: here !

I agree, the 'Matrix' bit is really good!

But it's amazing overall because it's excellent and well timed animation from start to finish. This guy is just a naturally good (or v well trained !) animator, who knows how to storyboard his stuff, and whatever program he did it in is irrelevant really.

I agree with (whoever said it!) that if you're saying the SFX aren't that impressive, or the characters aren't flashy enough, you're losing sight of the quality of the animation anyway. (someone said that, didn't they...? Can't remember who...)

If you're looking to create something flashy for the sake of it,with crap animation, it'll never create the sort of buzz this thing has! I think it's fantastic!! And I hope he wins loads of web animation prizes!

More Please!!
    [Edited by Tamsin on 05-02-2001 at 02:39 PM]

I just mailed the guy!!!

Lets wait if he/she is interest.

Smile Oooo!

Brilliant!
    I tried a while ago, but the address wouldn't work...
    but then there were two different ones..(/!?!!)
    Let us know if he replies!

it was me

i mensioned about the 3d part that i did't find it interesting Enough

the kung fu is like nothing i hav EVER seen before
    so don't blame me for that

furthermore let me know if you find out something ?

This guy just mail me back. He send me the .fla of the movie……

Sorry, i just wake up!!!

No replay at all.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by manutara
    [B]This guy just mail me back. He send me the .fla of the movie……

So post it!