A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: buttons help

ppl,

ok heres the small problem that faces me this morning. i have 6 buttons, when one is pressed, all the others disappear, the button that has been pressed becomes the title to the page, then all teh other menu buttons re-appear.

when the user presses one of teh buttons still left on the menu, then at present, the timeline jumps to a frame label specific to whatever button you pressed (e.g. i press home, its goes to teh home label). however at the begining of all the labels, all teh buttons are located on teh menu.

So i have designed a small sequence to place the button which is the page header, back on the menu. However, now my problem is that i use a gotoandplay function for this. But i cant then get it to go to anoher frame label, because that is 2 gotoandplay actions.

So is there a way of identifying which button the user has pressed, waiting for the sequence which places the button bacvk on teh menu b 4 going to the specific label in the timeline, which is dependanton which button you pressed ?

eooo... sorry about all that

ben

FlashKit Joker
    Check your script in the buttons and check if the buttons are in the right place on the timeline.

If you can't find it send me the fla and i will take a look.

seeya