A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Lots of locks on posts, why?

FK Board Loser
    Warum?

FK Robot Wrangler

it's a lockdown. FK has declared marshall law.

If you're referring to posts in the Boardroom, it's because we close posts in here that are of a technical nature, as this is not the place for them.

Then, when people come back to look for replies to their posts (more often than not they are questions by new members, very new, with between 1-10 posts) and they read the response about needing to post in a more appropriate forum and see that it's closed, they'll probably post in quickly in the correct forum, not the Boardroom.

Pretty effective as far as I can tell.

mg33

Build Engine Builder
    So if you start to talk about Job Vacancies, don't be surprised if you get bannished to Dice.com then.

What sort of boardroom descision wuz that??
    Looks like Internet.com taking the reigns at least...

I saw things going a different way than is the case, but am not sure the motives. The Flashkit v2.0 thread tells us that many people don't want 100% Flash sites?
    This surprised me the most!!
    Our browsers CAN load URLs ending with .SWF!
    This is a coup!! Koz we don't need banners then!!!

Someone PLZ email me the address of a Flash-only-browser ...and then we can harness the power of SWF-Studios prog to access our hard-drives (especially when talking of filenames!) from a SWF, and I will finally have reached web-space Nirvana!

(See what I mean then, when I talk about the motives of people.. =O)_

{insert nag skreen here}

[Edited by mg33 on 04-25-2001 at 08:51 PM]

Andrew,

I removed this message: [Censured by mg33 on 04-26-2001 at 5:04 AM] because I have no idea why you put it there.

I really have no idea what your post is about, seems to be about 6 different things and they're all not related.

Please don't say I censured something when I did not.
    Please realize that whatever it is that your driving at, it does not change the fact that I and the other two moderators in the Boardroom will continue to close every single technical question that gets posted here, because they don't belong here. We have other forums on Flashkit for that purpose.

In fact, I'm about to close a few right now.

mg33