A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Opinions on Logo!

Hey, I need some opinions on these logos. Which one do you like best? Thanks!
    http://www.xzane.com/logotest.htm

#1 is really good. I like it ALOT. #2 is too square, and the emblem is not part of the logo, know what I mean? they are 2 seperate things. I would go with #1, no changes. Peace,

Thanks!

Numner two is really dynamic, but I love the X on number one.

Is there any way you can incorporate the X from number one into number two?

I actually like the second one better, I think it's pretty cool. It might look a little better if you make the word smaller and position it's baseline along the baseline of the x graphic.

As far as the emblem as not part of the logo-I don't think it has to be. Many logos worldwide consist of a symbol (like the X in that one) and a word near it that is the company name. The "X" graphic relates to the word, and if people know the connection, they see the symbol and know what it is. Think about Texaco. Sometimes the word "Texaco" is with the logo, sometimes not. But when people see the logo
    you know what it is, and it's as simple as a T inside a star.

BTW one of my professors created the logo for Chili's Bar & Grill.

mg33

tough choice, both are good. I can't decide.

no.2 is nice, the letter "a" was a bit big in no.1

good, pf

Hey I like both....

Let me take everyone's comments and try to combine them....

First from Sapphire Design
    Is there any way you can incorporate the X from number one into number two?
    I do see a x..at the top...maybe having the Z in one of the colors as in the X is not helping it....but I see it.

Second from mg33
    It might look a little better if you make the word smaller and position it's baseline along the baseline of the x graphic.
    I agree move the A back up like the rest of the letters and move the text at the bottom over to the X and run it across to the end. One thing I learned is the golden rule..

F...Focal Point
    U...Unity
    M...Movement
    B...and Balance

Your focal point is the X not the A. The Unity is the X to the Web and Multimedia Designs...they see the X and then what you do. The Movement is is to read it..(in this way from left to right). And the Balance...well doing this will bring some balance.

One Last thing....I like the drop shadow and I don't (layer effects in Photoshop???). You have to remmeber all the possiblites that you will use this logo on some times drop shadows are not the answer sure they add a since of depth but sometimes they can hurt or help a design, much like the Texaco logo. Well time to get back to my beers.

Please let me know if this helped you in anyway!!!

C-yA
    RickB.

Thanks everyone for your replies. You have given some great advice. I'm going to put some of it to work and see what I ome up with. Thanks!