A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: javascript pop up won't work on Macintosh MS Internet Explorer 4.5: why and how do I?

Dear Mac users I hope you will help me out with this issue, since I don't know if the problem is in the Flash file or in the JavaScript:

I have an HTML page with a Flash file embedded. The HTML page has the following script between the < head > tags:

< script language="javascript" >
    function openwindow(str) {
    searchWin = window.open(str,'openwindow','scrollbars=yes,resiz able=yes,width=640,height=400,status=no,location=n o,toolbar=no');
    // searchWin.refer = self;
    }
    < /script >

In the FLASH file inside this HTML page I have a button with the following action:

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript: openwindow('samples.html');");
    }

ISSUES: This script perfectly works on Macintosh's Netscape and on PC's Netscape and Explorer but it does NOT work on Macintosh's Explorer 4.5. The popup window won't just pop!!!

Can any of you fine Mac folks out there help me out with this??? Maybe just give me a script that works on all of the browsers and platforms. I can't use just getURL with a _blank target 'cause I need to size the new window.

Thanks a lot!

PS I obviously added some wrong unnecessary spaces in the syntax above to make it display in my post, but I know that there are no spaces between < and head and < and script and javascript: and openwindow etc etc

Use get url:empty.html, empty.html should load into a hidden frame, then, in the code of empty.html put "on load" open window.

(maybe it's not exactly this, but you can read the right way at Colin Moock)