A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Bad, bad news 4 me.

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    yeah, its true. restriction has set in. for yall that dont know im 14 and so still live under the rule of my parents. now being my normal comp geek self i spend excessive amounts of time on the computer just like most everyone else here. My parents decided they wanted me to be "normal", by the way w/ the growing trend i am normal, but anyways, they put software called "enuff" on there that only gives me limited access to the computer, like i only get 1 1/2 hours on here each day. WHAT CAN I DO IN an hour and a half!?!?!?!?! if possible, someone tell me how 2 crack it, its ruining my reputation.

hi capty....could u tell me exactly what time ur gonna be online so i can sit down here and laugh at you

neways all i can say is make the best of it...and while ur off... do other things like.......fishing

"everything in moderation" It sounds to me that your parents did this as a last resort after warning you thousands of times.

next time you go out take a look at other people and realise that they don't look like you, they're sort of pink coloured whereas you're a sort of waxy white with the occasional blue vain visible under your skin !!

Seriously though there is more to life (especially at 14) find a balance, do what your parents say for a while and they might increase your allocated time.

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    lol, 2 things, i have found fishing very nice because it takes up an extra amount of time and doesnt make me so mad when im trying 2 decode html, and also, im out alot, i have 4 hours of tennis everyday but still, and ur right about them telling me a thousand times, lol .

"everything in moderation" is good advice, like always. But if you are keeping up your grades and not just playing games all the time, it probably seems unfair.

I guess you could always partition your hard drive and install Linux on half. (Linux is free, a really great OS, more stable than Win.) Then your computer would boot up Linux when you start it with a special 3.5 disk, and there would be no way for the program to control your time. The rest of the time, when someone (else) starts the computer, it would boot up into windows, and you would not ever know that the other OS is there. Anyway, you should always check with your parents first, however As a second though, you could install windows on the partition just as easily.

The second thing you could do is simply use reverse physiology, and convince your parents that you are better off not being left in the "real world". I can think of countless ways to do this. You could take up drug dealing, for starters (saving money for your college education!), plot some type of mass violence (the key here is to let them find out like you don't know; like letting them find a school hit list or map in your laundry). You could pretend to be suicidal, and like almost be hit by a car every time you go to school (this dose take practice though, so be careful).

Well anyway, I am sure that other FK members can give more suggestions. Of course, the advice you receive in the coffee lounge should never be actually applied in real life, you know that right? Just a disclaimer...

capty99, I am in EXACTLY the same situation. Right down to our ages.
    Freaky, isn't it?

Originally posted by capty99
    lol, 2 things, i have found fishing very nice because it takes up an extra amount of time and doesnt make me so mad when im trying 2 decode html, and also, im out alot, i have 4 hours of tennis everyday but still, and ur right about them telling me a thousand times, lol .
    I am never taking you fishing again. All you do is get the line tangled up!

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    hey, once i caught a big fish, even though u had 2 reel it in because i dropped the pole. but who cares about the specifics. and thx for the advice zacvin, the disclaimer i knew, and just a quick question. i was walking in the mall and found a program called "linux for windows" i mean, i get the point but that kind of defeats the purpose and is contradicting. okay, gtg, 7 minutes left online, HAHA!

Retired *********
    check out http://www.peacefire.org

they might be able to help

thx dowenger. looking into it.

ahh to be 14 again man those were the days....

You're 14, you have your whole life ahead of you to be a slave in front of a computer. Enjoy being able to do whatever you want while you still can.

Old man of minimal posts
    Shouldn't you be out drinking cider in the local park or something???

<Kidding!>

I can barely remember what I was doing when I was 14. . .
    It involved alcohol, cigarettes, and a woman. . .

Why not rebuild the machine, and give yourself admin rights on it, and allow your parents read/write only privileges?

That'll teach 'em!

I spent sh1tlo4ds of time on my PC (Well alright Atari ST) at 14. . . Never did me any harm. At least nothing the prozac didn't sort out anyway. . .

Originally posted by Highlander

Why not rebuild the machine, and give yourself admin rights on it, and allow your parents read/write only privileges?
    That is quite a creative idea!

Actually, I did something similar. My mom bought this old Pentium I computer a while back for like $50. It was shocking the owner, so he was glad to get rid of it. Of course all it needed was the power supply replaced, which I got for about 25, and but it in. After that, I got it up and running, but old win95 is so buggy, that in about an hour I formatted the HD, and installed linux instead. Now I still have root, but my mom and siblings have regular accounts. Very cool.

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    hey, like the ideas, and banglafreak, thats freaky. i actually am buying a new pentium 4, danget its taken me forever to get enough money, but ill make sure its all mine.