A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HQX??? Mac standalone?

***POSTED ON THE MAC BOARD AS WELL!!***

Allright guy's, I know Im a complete idiot when it comes to mac's, so this is probably going to sound pretty dumb, but I need to know how to make a projector work on a mac? I got this software that I have yet to try out cause it's only mac compatible, and I havn't made it to one yet (Obviously Im a PC guy, please don't hate me...). It's supposed to make my IBM swf's and fla's play on a mac. Hope it works. But I still need to know what to do with the hqx file after it's made to make it the equivilent of an exe on the ibm. Anyone knows... let me know!

Thanks guy's (and girls, 'guy's' being said in a non-sexist general all around loving way!)

DS

I am having the same problem. DB, what is the software you mentioned? I thought that is the PC published a mac projector file, the macs should be able to read it. When I bring the .hqx onto my mac, it opens up in word and a whole bunch of garbage is displayed. Any help guys

Anthony

.hqx is a compressed file type for Macintosh. You need to unstuff it before you can run it as an executable.

When you unstuffed it, then you need to allocate memory to the program as well, other wise it wouldn't work.
    Single click on the icon of your movie to highlight it. Then go to get info and increase the momory.
    I don't know if you can write apple script so that it automatically do that. I didn't try.

Allright... I think I just figred it out: I just have to publish the file on a mac and it makes a stand alone projecter that a mac can read. the problem that I was having was that the mac I have access to couldn't read my fla's (or swf's for that matter.). But I solved this problem by getting this really cool software ap from a site on the net. I forget the site addresss (it was kinda strange) but just go to google and type in swf typer and it brings up the link. This s**t is great: the only problem being that you need access to a mac to make it work! What it does is changes some things in the file to make it so that a mac can read the two files. It's awsome and my props to the guy who created it.

Thanks for the info, ya'll!

DS

PS: You can download the 60k-ish file on an IBM and save it to disk, but don't try to do anything with it on one. It is a mac ap and it has to be unstuffed on a mac to work correctly!! Just so you know!

Have you tried CDEveryWhere?

Hi All,

I am a PC user and needed to have a CD with Mac and PC projectors. I used the software "CDEveryWhere" to prepare my files.

See my comments on this thread for detailed instructions. I have used it successfully in creating stand-alone projectors for both Mac and PC on one CD.

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=121421

Hope this helps!

Coopster