A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Buttons

How can i make a button from a movie. And it should move when mouse over please help me

Making a button is pretty easy, from your movie draw the graphic you want to use as the button in a new layer and select the graphic you just did go to insert>comver to symbol>here a pop-up window will appear with three choices, movie clip, button, graphic, you want to select the button and give it the name you desire. Once you have done this you can verify wether it's a button or not in two way, window>library. Here in your library you should have the button sign with the name you give it, or select you graphic and clic modify>instance and in you instance palatte will show you if it's a button, a gaphic or a movie clip.

once you have made the button double clik on it and you will find yourself in a window with four states. UP OVER DOWN HIT which mean the button states when they are up, over down and in the Hit is the part where you want the button to be active. I don't know how to explain verywell the active thing altough i understand it.

However it's not that big of a deal when you get to master it, so i guess that you should do the whole tutorial given in flash and you will be able to learn a little more things to start with.

Good luck.