A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: :) AFTER EFFECTS 5 exports to swf!!

Smile :) AFTER EFFECTS 5 exports to swf!!

video in flash!!!!!!!!!

had a quick go yesterday with a vid i made at college

http://www.dreamersofdreams.co.uk/flash/index.html

what a laugh now we have video exportable on the mac ...and it's fast!

M

PS, i guess you'll have to impress your employer/parents/bank manager/pimp though for £500 , i'm lucky, work pays!

[Edited by mnm on 05-01-2001 at 01:17 PM]

... it's pretty sweet.

During the beta testing... I got lucky to play with it a bit. If you use the motion blurring, you don't see the results in the Flash file unfortunately. However, most other things do export just fine. I didn't get a chance to test the sound though.

I didn't see anything and your Flash detector does not work. The link after you have been redirected to the "Download Flash" prompt is a broken link. I'm running IE 5, I have the latest Flash 5 plugin, G4 400mHz, 256, T-3 connection

oops

try the direct link then?

http://www.dreamersofdreams.co.uk/flash

sorry, just a free hosted site so i can only change things at home.

but let me know what you think if you can see it, i think macs have waited too long for a vid to swf tool!!

M

I don't know what the problem is but the swf file does not show. I will go download the plug-in again and check back later.

Whoa, that was all done in AE? Well if that is not a sign of whats to come from Adobe, we will soon be well aware. The file size is kinda high though. I bet if you draged the swf into flash and exported it, it would be about 40k less.

while we wait

Is there a way to import a pic sequece into flash in one shot. I posted new thread for this but thought i would jump on the band wagon and see if anyone could help.

Simulating video...but i dont want to manually put in a pic for each frame...you see.

thanks

M

Re: while we wait

Originally posted by mikal
    Is there a way to import a pic sequece into flash in one shot. I posted new thread for this but thought i would jump on the band wagon and see if anyone could help.

Simulating video...but i dont want to manually put in a pic for each frame...you see.

thanks

M
    I figured it out thanks

M

hey

well, share it then!!!

files named sequentially eg

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

when you import 1.jpg flash says "this appears to be part of a sequence, do you want to import the sequence?" you say yes and hey presto, so you can export a series of jpgs from a 3d or video package and import the sequence into flash, magic.

Re: hey

Originally posted by mnm
    well, share it then!!!

files named sequentially eg

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

when you import 1.jpg flash says "this appears to be part of a sequence, do you want to import the sequence?" you say yes and hey presto, so you can export a series of jpgs from a 3d or video package and import the sequence into flash, magic.
    Sorry ha,
    Your exactly right! I had it almost figured it out in the beginning but being greedy...i selected as many as i could in one shot.arrow key down..click down..click down click.....so when i got the big STACK!!! it occured to me that this was rediculous!..and knew there had to be a better way...thus. Clikcing the first image and .... well you know the rest.

Thanks for jumping in with the help mnm, see ya around.

m

mmm I guess you missed my question, was that swf exported from After effects like that or just the images?

just the image sequences as swf

just the image sequences as swf

i'm looking for a copy of driver though for the road frames, i think the best way to do vid is with looping frames.

i only spent an hour doing it so it's not optimised yet.

i like the scratching because later i can reuse the sequences backwards , twice the frames - half the size!!

haven't tried vectors yet but AE uses illustrator vectors so maybe i'll try later, oh and naturally the scripting is done in flash.

i'm going to have a do at reproducing some photoshot filters in flash and animating then AE stylee for even more value from the vid frames!

i don't usually publish experiments, but this is too good to miss video export on the mac since pc's have had it for a while with wildform