A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash movie size help

Unhappy

What size to I make the movie in order for it to show on the internet explorer brower perfect.....without any strolling?

Im trying to show a movie in a "Wide screen format"

Can someone please help me?

in flash make the movie elongated for the wide screen effect then when you put it in a html page set the width and height in the <embed> and <object> tags to 100%. it should'nt scroll because your setting the size in percent rather than pixels.

Sr. Member and still clueless!
    I think you can also tell the flash movie to display the full width by setting the Publish settings to 100%. I presented a similar question to the board over the weekend, check it out:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=135377

So I can put the entire Movie in my webpage with out dragging the movie In the size I want?

Will this Movie also NOT Include Strolling?

Sr. Member and still clueless!
    Theoretically, yes but of course your milage may vary. My flash movie was built to be about 600 x 800, I beleve if I had made it 150 x 800 and applied the same publish settings it would still scale. As a matter of fact, the answer the other guy gave you IS correct. When you click Publish it will export your flash movie and an html file that has the tags you need in it. The scaling is determined in the html, not flash but Flash will automatically build the page for you in html. All you have to do is use that page for your placeholder for your movie.