A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Movie Size Help, can someone please help?

What size to I make the movie in order for it to show on the internet explorer brower perfect.....without any strolling?

Im trying to show a movie in a "Wide screen format"

Can someone please help me?

hi.
    not sure if this is your exact problem, but it sounds like one i had.
    try putting your .swf in a table of 98% width & 98% height. i found putting 100% always created a scroll that wasn't necessary.

ok i see

so once I have it in the table do I scale the movie?

and also , whats the "Ideal" size I should create the Movie? so It displayes on all resolutions?

ok.
    i see where u r coming from.

in order for your site to appear on most peoples screens the way you intend it to be you would have to keep within the 800x600 res. so a width of ~790 would avoid scrolling.
    (always make the movie a bit smaller than the max screen width because of the sides of the browser and scrollbar.)

but if you want a real nice wide screen effect u might want to do at a higher screen res. say 1024x768. so you could use ~1014 width instead, but u should either let people know on the sites' first page what res. they should be at, or give them a choice.

hope this helps.

790 is too wide for a 800x600 resolution. You have to take into account page margins (assuming you didn't set them to zero) and browser quirks. The "safe" width, as recommended in Macromedia Dreamweaver is 760 wide. As for height, maybe 400 high. It depends on if the person viewing has all their toolbars and junk like that turned on.

Keep in mind, you might not want it scalable. Depends on how much animation and stuff you've got going on in the movie.

Chow!
    RB