A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Music in Anime features

Cool

I was just wondering, in all the good anime's that i've ever seen, they always have an excellent soundtrack. Take Escaflowne or Evangelion for example. If these, or others, didn't have such an impressive music score to them, do you think that they would have been a success or not?

music isn't enougth to make the succes of a movie, but it really helps ! fro sure
    (i am musicain before being flasher , so i won't say the opposite)

true. i agree with akane. music helps MAJOR TIME! but. if all the other movies did not have sound and music (god forbid ) i think these shows would still pull throuh. they have good "animation" get it? anime - animation? ahh screw the wrold./.....

Let me correct what I meant

Yes, of course the shows would pull through and they would be a success. I guess I meant to say is would they have been as BIG as of a success. My theory is no. If you watch all of the anime's that you enjoy most you will see that in the scenes that grab your attention there is some sort of music that is pumping you up for that particular scene. I admit great animation is great animation, but try to watch the movie muted and you will see what I mean. Until next time...

true true. he got a point. if he meant it tat way.

Good movies, anime included, are good because they create a response in the audience on the emotional level. Anything that adds to the viewer being able to feel something towards the movie, whether it is the heartpumping music building up to an action climax or the soft sad music of a somber scene, is a good thing and soemthing that is carefully calculated into the movie as a whole. If music didn't have a place in movies it wouldnt be there. On the other hand music alone will not make or break a movie. It can enhance the audience's envolvement in the movies but it wont carry the movie the movie.

damn. you really know your stuff. you like reasearch this,. thats awesome. great man. wow. u awesome. thats so true man. very true. like if u had an important character near death and just some wind blowing tht would suck.