A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 8 Designers / scripters 8 different countries

Originally posted by pmineault
    I have an old forum I set up using Phorum, I suggest we officially move there. The address is http://www.rprog.f2s.com/phorum.

We should probably consider setting up a mailing list as well.
    Nice suggestions, I agree we should move to the other forum since we have established our team.

A mailing list is of course also a good idea.

Smile

Looks like you know you stuff we will most prob move to your massage board once i have got eveyones e-mail address. I will give you the full e-mail address when i recive them all.

Is it possible on your board to set up some sort of FTP thing.

Thanks for doing that EVY

It occurs to me (rightly or wrongly) that given the unconventional nature of the project it may be a good idea to keep it slightly loose as far as the project development is concerned.
    There's no need for the person who starts the project to set the tone for the entire site, that disregards the talents (no matter how diverse or varied) of the rest of us. Flash is by nature a modular program, meaning that it is easy to add seperate and diverse objects, animations, scripts to a melting pot of ideas to produce a truly unique site.
    The person who kicks it off should come up with something inspiring and most importantly "open" so that others can add to it and get there creative juices flowing from it.

Regards
    PADDYWALL esq

Regarding the subject, that was the idea anyway, sorry if you took it as whoever started the subject controlled what it looked like, it was meant as just a starting point and as long as you don't change anything drastically (as in said in my original post) you are free to do whatever your creative talents allow you to do.

Cheers Evy

It occurs to me (rightly or wrongly) that given the unconventional nature of the project it may be a good idea to keep it slightly loose as far as the project development is concerned.
    There's no need for the person who starts the project to set the tone for the entire site, that disregards the talents (no matter how diverse or varied) of the rest of us. Flash is by nature a modular program, meaning that it is easy to add seperate and diverse objects, animations, scripts to a melting pot of ideas to produce a truly unique site.
    The person who kicks it off should come up with something inspiring and most importantly "open" so that others can add to it and get there creative juices flowing from it.

Regards
    PADDYWALL esq

Originally posted by paddywall
    There's no need for the person who starts the project to set the tone for the entire site...
    This is true, but then it shouldn't matter too much who starts off the project(?).

It would only make for a cleaner look if the first person(s) developed a workable interface that the others could add to and even change slightly.

I guess it depends entirely on how we decide to do this (what we want the site to look like and how it will function).
    [Edited by norway on 05-08-2001 at 08:09 AM]

Post My email...

Ok my email address: tautz@webtec-creations.pri.ee

Also what I tought that would be good idea to make some tour or portfolio check out. So we can see and line up guys who are better in AS instead of craphics or reverse. Just to have overwiev and more orientation in our project.
    I have great visions(seems that everybody has), but I'm not very familar with AS yet. At january I started to develop my own page but I decided it not to finish(www.hot.ee/tautz). Everybody says that it's a good copy of 2advanced,but I want find my own way and style...
    Now I'm redesigning my page 100% and I hope it will be big bang...
    It will be ready at 20 may....within all graphics made myself along to guestbooks and mail forms...etc
    What ya guys think?

Re: My email...

Originally posted by Tautz
    What ya guys think?
    Very very nice site, Tautz!

Too bad I don't understand Estonian.

The finished site will be held at http://www.underscoreroot.com

Cool name!

To add to the list of people whow will be involved in this project. Just one more well half more Limeybloke (SHACK) will be with me so there is still 13 of us. still missing a few e-mail address (I know somw of you will still be in bed) here is who im missing

From the UK - paddywall
    From Mongolia - Zanjan
    From the USA - JT122333
    From the USA - ArcticX
    From Amsterdam -dennie
    From Austria - northk
    From the USA - deltawolf

Once all the address are in we can move on a bit (set up the new forum)

Cheers EVY

We should think of it more as many short movies linked together rather than a website - that way you have the freedonm to express yourself in turn. Of course, a movie doesn't have to be like a normal film-type movie, but can be interactive, experimental - whatever your mind can see.

Oh, and constantly check and test your streaming. It's fine having a rather large movie as long as it streams well. One fo the great things about Flash.

Cheers
    Dave

My email's: patrick.wall@eurocall-telecom.com

Smile

What I am going to do is gather all the suggestions for the design/topic and I shall put it to the vote. It seems the fairest way to me then it is not just me who chooses what we do.

Evy

Ill keep you all informed

Ok...So far I see no African element, so I offer me, a born and bred South African!
    I'd love to be involved in this...I thinks its a wicked, original idea...
    Email at awhaling@btinternet.com

Look forward to it....
    (I see a Nobel Peace prize looming)

My email is:

ptourvi1@twcny.rr.com

Can't wait to start!

-JT122333

im sorry that i am to late to enter the party.
    i would realy like to see the process. if you guys sometime decide to size up the team i would like to join.

Daniel, Germany

Halo, my name is BORAT and i from khazakstan. In khazakstan we like to shoot the dog. I beleive that i can give team a culture like anywhere else. I love you all, please let me be in your team. Thankyou

Aquarium drinker
    Greater than 45 degrees in Minkowski space
    I don't know about the rest of the 'official' team, but I say we should give the guy from South Africa a chance. It would be a shame to leave out a whole continent.

Sorry anyone who wishes to join but were all full up.

The reason being is that currently there is 13 of us which at most is going to take 13 weeks.

Sorry

EVY

PS I cant include every country there are 2 many out there.
    maybe (if this goes well) the next project will have alot more poeple takeing part.