A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Conversion program-SWF convert

I've uploaded a new conversion program for ... -> SWF

it can convert BMP,JPG,PNG,PCX,PAX,PSD,TLG,TLA,TIF , and a small amout of WAV aupport, and i'm working on MP3 , AVI and MOV

It's only the alpha test version, so give me some ideas! thanks

visit : http://www.chironexsoftware.com
    email : ceo@chironexsoftware.com
    Jared,

I forgot - In the images that you convert, a red cross is placed on them when the are convert to swf format , this is a pain, and i wanted to get rid of it , but it'll have to wait.

Chironex- I like yopur products but could you do me a favor and not use a locked pop-up on your page. I had to change the screen resolution in order to make it work.

I really Really Like this product. I just took an Image Sequence created in Animation Stand and made a SWF movie out of it. This is so much fun.

You product supports MOV and AVI? I found those on the list but could not import or convert them.

Anyhow I'm still having fun with it.

Web site problems

The web site's all messed up. Clicking on the product brings up a product page popup. Clicking on the download link brings up an error, because it's javascript and there is no script in the page.
    Clicking the download link at the bottom of the main page brings up a 404 error.

I'd really like to try your products, but as for your web page design services...

ok, sorry about the page - i was trying to moniter the traffic a bit easy witht the popup etc, but i guess it's out of date now, I'll change it all tonight. So just check it in like 24hrs i guess.

Thanks.

AVI , MOV and MP3 hasn't been added yet I'm still working on it.
    I've tried hard to give a lot of options for the display of the images and if anyone has any more ideas I'd like to hear them.

so far -
    convert the select images into a single SWF file or into individual ones
    you can position the images X,Y
    set movie sizes
    strech the image to the movie size or use preset amounts, or don't change it
    set movie background color
    set the movie to loop or not
    add a preloader with options on how many frames to preload e.g 1/4 , 1/3 of total
    use your on image for the preloader or internal

also you can set compression options between JPEG and LOSSLESS for each image
    type, some types compress better with differenet ones, defualts are set but can be changed.

Hey, does SWF Scanner have Actionscript extraction yet... I noticed that in your Footer.

Again this SWF converter is real useful for tuerning image sequences into SWFs It is pretty darn nifty.

Up through 4.0 actions currently if I am not mistaken...

--Jesse

Flash Git
    Hi Jared, congratulations on a very exciting set of new programs. I downed SWF Scanner 1.1 a few days ago and I have the following feedback for you:

1. The interface height is bigger than my screen and I cannot see it all. My monitor is 17" at 800 x 600.

2. When I open a SWF it does not show in the Image Preview (top right), but it does display in Image Preview Large.

3. As a user I feel I should be able to replace audio as well as images.

What I am really looking for in the next generation of SWF programs is the ability to edit SWFs. Firstly, the ability to edit SWFs together. Think about it .. apps like SWiSH and Flix are becoming very popular and people use them to create slightly different types of SWFs but then they want to combine them into one movie. I suppose what I`m looking for is a Flash program that was designed for Earthlings because MM Flash certainly wasn`t, it uses terminology that is too different from everything else and it`s confusing. As for my wish-list, I would like SWF Scanner to allow me to take out/add/replace any individual frame in a SWF movie!
    The very best of luck.

Use LiveMotion. The only thing it is missing is complex action support, but I assume that will come in the next version.

--Jesse

Jesse, Live Motion? You Gotta be kidding me- Its not easy to use and it costs way to much.

If you need a lowcost alternative to Flash use MOHO Soft's Insane Flash Animator 2(allows SWF Import and Flash 4 Action scripts) and is easier to use than Flash and Live Motion, Lucky Monkey Design's Kool Moves 2.X (Easiest to use and SWF import is going to be implemented before the end of the year), or Swish 2 ( The target Date keeps moving but the beta has SWF Import). Those three programs are all under $100 (in fact I think they are under $50) and are easier to use than Flash. Also all three of them are about as functional if not more so than Live Motion (US $299).

Another Option is to buy Corel Graphic Studio 10 which includes Corel RAVE. For less than the price of Photoshop you get Corel Paint, Corel Draw, Corels Web Publisher, Corel RAVE (Competing product to Live Motion), and more. Corel Graphic Studio 10 really does follow through with its promise to have a solution for all of your graphic needs.

Fact is the only reason I would use Live Motion is becuase I owned Photoshop or Illustrator and I wanted Seemless intergration with those products- Otherwise it is not cost effective.

All of the products I mentioned have trail periods or demos so check them out before buying one (SO you know what you are getting).

Smile Corel SWF

I just wanted to follow the Corel thread up by telling everyone that Flash five has a product on their installation disc that gives you the option to export SWF directly from CorelDraw. I've been using Corel for years and in my opinion you get more bang for your buck and the interface is alot easier to use than ANY adobe product.

SWF scanner can extract SWF version 4 action scripts, you can attemp to extract version 5 but it doesn't know what the new actions (in SWF V 4 there are about 54 actions, in SWF V5 i think there is about 95) I'll be adding V5 to V2.0 os swfscanner.

Also the interface of swf scanner was a BIG mistake. I'll be changing it in V2.0 to a Multipul document interface. so you will be able to have multipul views open (viewing more than one image,sound,action script at a time)

also in regards to current versino 1.1.1 - when it comes to a sprite tag it just skips over it, this wasn't a problem for images and sounds as they are always defined outside a sprite, but when i added action script support i found the action scripts are very often inside a sprit tag. The reason i didn't change it to look inside the sprite tags, is a little bit of internal reasons and also the current interface would make it very hard to show the difference between actions in a sprite and the ones in the main movie.

To solve this in V2.0 I'm using a Tree control to display the structure of the SWF file.

I've updated the web site - no more popups etc
    here is a direct link to the download page.

http://www13.brinkster.com/chironex/downloads.asp

Re: Corel SWF

Originally posted by pdgault
    I just wanted to follow the Corel thread up by telling everyone that Flash five has a product on their installation disc that gives you the option to export SWF directly from CorelDraw. I've been using Corel for years and in my opinion you get more bang for your buck and the interface is alot easier to use than ANY adobe product.
    You can download it for free right off of the Macromedia site without buying Flash 5. They also have one for Adobe Illustrator. The most recent versions of Corel Draw and Illustrator export as SWF.

Originally posted by chironex
    I've updated the web site - no more popups etc
    here is a direct link to the download page.

http://www13.brinkster.com/chironex/downloads.asp

Its much better thank you. I'm so glad you are redoing the SWF Scanner interface. Yesterday when I looked at SWF scanner it was the documentation for the older version.

bandwidth exceeded on site - can't download

Your software sounds really interesting and I'd love to take it for a spin. Everytime I try going to the download page, I get the following message...

"The daily bandwidth limit for this member has been exceeded."

I've even tried earlier and earlier in the day, but I still can't make it in. Is there another place I can download from?

Also, you mentioned you were trying to track site traffic... you might visit http://www.thecounter.com/ and sign up for a site stats account. They even have an invisible tracker, all free! Good stats too!

I'm really sorry about the 'daily abnd width has been used up' messages. I've only just started getting them from brinkster in the last week or so. I'll be upgrading my hosting to support the traffic, but first I'm redesigning the whole site.

for now, these are the Direct download links. they will change, but should be ok for at least 3-4 weeks.

SWF convert now has a very basic Command line feature. It was added as a request by a user. I'm working on making swf convert into an ISAPP DLL.

SWF scanner V2.0 is almost ready for a test release, It now will scan sprites(movie objects) and so you can now get the complete action script.

URLs.
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/lmallen/s...anner1-1-1.zip

http://home.iprimus.com.au/lmallen/s...ert1.0beta.zip

The chironexsoftware.com website has been upgraded.
    It should now be able to support alot more traffic, also the design has changed, it's a lot simplier and I hope it's better.

check out the site, I want to add heaps of links to other SWF related sites, if you would like a link added just goto the site and click on linkto for info.