A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i'm OUTRAGED!! :)

Acid Pro 2.0 has registration security similar to the one described above.. If you dont register and recieve your code the program will not work...I think however these are all Macromedia issues...How can "We" prevent this shouldnt even be a consideration ...I say be glad you are a registered member ...I do think that non-registered users shouldnt have access to the macromedia exchange...But think about this...the technology is there to prevent pirated copies from working...So dont you think macromedia knows this ? I think they want to sell thier product...But i also think they want their product to saturate the market...Only one way to do that...Let em burn it

FK Official Postman
    If software piracy became an accepted part of society, we might as well do away with copyrights!

FK Board Loser
    this utopian vision that you have will never come true Copyright will never go away neither will piracy.. it is what balances out the market, soceity and life.

but im just a poor boy....cant I flash too?

all these are valid arguments, but i think KB1827 hit the nail on the head, macromedia has an agenda, just like microsoft does...'SATURATE THE MARKET' those 3 words sum it all up, the majority of users with pirated copies that use flash seriously wind up registering, i used a pirated copy for 9 months before i went and bought a registered copy, macromedia knows this, they capture more of the market than adobe, which is why adobe has now adopted the same 30 day trial policy, because innevitably professional users are going to bite the bullet....its a very clever marketing strategy.

'SATURATE THE MARKET'

might aswell close this thread now

FK Official Postman
    the majority of users with pirated copies that use flash seriously wind up registering, i used a pirated copy for 9 months before i went and bought a registered copy, macromedia knows this, they capture more of the market than adobe, which is why adobe has now adopted the same 30 day trial policy, because innevitably professional users are going to bite the bullet....its a very clever marketing strategy.

'SATURATE THE MARKET'

might aswell close this thread now
    Adobe has started the 30-day trial, like you said, but the Flash trials are the full versions , while the Adobe trials are save and print disabled (or at least for Photoshop).

but im just a poor boy....cant I flash too?
    hey...i'm 13 , and my last major purchase was Flash 4. Now, i;m saving up my money for Flash 5/Fireworks 10 studio .

Originally posted by kb1827
    hey...i'm 13 , and my last major purchase was Flash 4. Now, i;m saving up my money for Flash 5/Fireworks 10 studio .
    maybe i should also get a paper run