A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pls help! cant really understand what i am missing!

hello all,

all i am trying to do is open a .swf file(say i refer it as 1st movie) and inside which is present a button which on clicked opens a new window with absolutely no toolbars etc.

so this is what i do:

add the followiong actions to the button:

On(Release)
    GetUrl(javascriptpenIT()")
    End On

it looks exactly as the above.

now in my .html file of the 1st movie i add
    the following in bet the head tags<Script Language ="JavaScript">

function openIT()
    {
    window.open("hightechfashion.html","Test","toolbar =no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,m

enubar=no,resizable=no,width=300,height=300");
    }
    </SCRIPT>

now this does not work...can anyone tell me wherei am going wrong...i have been with this for 2 days now and i am just disgusted ..PLEASE HELP!!!

What does the word Test mean in the code=?`????? i have no clue.....anything else???

when i clcik the button 2 window open with all the toolbars etc...stating javascriptpenT()

pls help

kats

That's the long way.
    Remove that garbage from your HTML and put this in the Get URL field of your button instead:
    Javascript:window.open('link.html','WindowName','w idth=300,height=400,top=0,left=0,toolbar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, menubar=no, status=no, directories=no, location=no'); void(0);
    Where it normally says window=_blank (or whatever) leave that field empty. That oughta do'er
    Test is the name of the new window you are opening, useful if you want to open a second link in the same window. You would use window=Test. In my case I have substituted the name "WindowName"
    My frames tutorial should answer any further questions you may have:
    http://www.san-fran.com/tutorials/fl...lmenu_wframes/
    Just click on the link near the bottom of the page which says "Scrolling Menu Tutorial"
    [Edited by thenewrules on 05-15-2001 at 08:40 AM]

hi !
    thx for help however i was not all that successful. i tried what you asked me to do , what happened in this case was that when the button was clicked....a blank window opened(inspite of my not choosing _blank) and another window opened with no toolbars etc....but was completely empty.....and when i did a view source this is what i got:

<HTML><SCRIPT LANGUAGE=javascript>var __w=window.open('cool.html','WindowName','width=70 0,height=700,top=0,left=0,toolbar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, menubar=no, status=no, directories=no, location=no'); void(0);cool.swf;if(__w!=null)document.write(__w); </SCRIPT></HTML>

what is the probs now...pls suggest.
    kats