A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sale Page of Mini Menu/Does it make cents?

New Yorker
    Yo, Yo,
    Just through up a mini menu page to sell...mini menus.
    Does it load? Does it make sense? Does the price seem right?
    Thanks,
    D.
    http://designsbydion.com/minimenu.html

Dion, great idea, good looking sample but a little on the cheap. Get at least a package deal on the other pages. Just some thoughts.

New Yorker
    Doug what do you think, start at $29.99-$49.99-$Your Left Arm.99.
    Go back I just added music
    Great tune
    D.

wasing air is a hobby
    I ike the mini menu on the 1st page but on the 2nd page's menu neeeds some work.

Your telling on yourself with your music Dion. It actually has notes and words. Whew, I sure miss that. 29.99 would be a start but I would use it as a lead. Once you get the menu you have the site. But I wouldn't go any lower unless you can really get some quick and simple templates set up.

New Yorker
    Doug,
    I also listen to Boys To Men, I listen to everything, good for the soul. O.K. $29.99 sounds good. There isn't much to them, but what the hey, too cheap they'll think somethings wrong with them. Hell i'll sell a web site piece by piece, next: the e-mail link $9.99
    D

JB,
    there's only one page with the menus, you must have click off, if you remember where, let me know so i can see what your taking about.
    Chow
    D

New Yorker
    Doug, Looking Good,
    Planet rotation nice, a bit slow throught out, but i guess your doing that as you work.
    Take out the skip intro on top, i almost clicked it, too much temptation and use a small font on the bottom one.Let them look for it, you want them to see your work, and when the stars start, the bottom satilite, it's black bakground shows up, double up with the top one for that couple of frames
    D

The embedded .wav isn't working so well. The sound crackles and jumps, and it seems to slow the other elements of the page. You might want to try converting it to .wma for a 28k stream. You can get the converter from microsoft.com. Search under "windows media encoder"

New Yorker
    Thanks MP,
    Yeah it's a biggy,
    Will go to microsoft
    D

Why not a thing to pull the menu back in? Then maybe each menu could go up $5 to $10. Plus, it would look nicer, and function very lovely. Some of the graphics are a little on the blurry side, but I love the menu's & the way they pull out, etc. Good work.

peace,
    -j0n

Hi guys

I am selling sfi files for my webpage.
    Someone offered me 100$ for it , he wanna buy as it is and he said he will change it for his needs, he doesnt want copyrights... What you think? link here: http://users.rcn.com/arek/1.html

PS
    I am making new kick ass website much much better than this one so I dont care to keep it for myself, if more people will buy it I can make more $$$.

arek

New Yorker
    Arkpol,
    For $100.00 ? I told you to sell him the rights to use it only, not the full rights. It will not be yours anymore.
    He'll resell it and you'll get nothing but the $100. Old art work sometimes turns out to be our best. You look back years later and say, hey that was pretty good. Make sure he keeps your tag somewhere also when he uses it.
    D

Carpe Diem - Moderator wolfgross's Avatar
    Originally posted by monkeypants
    The embedded .wav isn't working so well. The sound crackles and jumps, and it seems to slow the other elements of the page. You might want to try converting it to .wma for a 28k stream. You can get the converter from microsoft.com. Search under "windows media encoder"
    hey dion (that's actually french for mustard, well ok, you've gotta use y) doug put me onto something called
    'acid', it's a freebie and does beautiful wma's. i reduced and converted one of my midi files into a very short sharp .wma, psst nobody has found out yet.

ALERT!!!!!!!ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!Wolf is using midi desguised as .wma's.

New Yorker
    Hey Wolfgross, I searched for Acid and only found the pro version for $399. Where's the free bee?
    Thanks
    D

Carpe Diem - Moderator wolfgross's Avatar
    Originally posted by dion747
    Hey Wolfgross, I searched for Acid and only found the pro version for $399. Where's the free bee?
    Thanks
    D
    hi, try http://www.sonicfoundry.com/download...sp?pageid=201. second from the top, free solftware. wolf

New Yorker
    MP, Down load Encoder 7, tried it but it was longer to down load on page?
    But at least I have the program
    Thanks

Hey Jon,
    Thanks for pointing out my laziness, I added the close and a few more menus while I was at it.
    Thanks again
    PS
    I didn't raise the price though.

[Edited by dion747 on 05-17-2001 at 04:57 AM]

Hi,

He is not going to have full rights. He can use it and make some changes for his needs . He cant resell it.

Originally posted by dion747
    Arkpol,
    For $100.00 ? I told you to sell him the rights to use it only, not the full rights. It will not be yours anymore.
    He'll resell it and you'll get nothing but the $100. Old art work sometimes turns out to be our best. You look back years later and say, hey that was pretty good. Make sure he keeps your tag somewhere also when he uses it.
    D

New Yorker
    Wolfgross,
    Thanks for the Download, check it out tomorrow the Yankee game just started.

Arkpol,
    make sure he knows he's only renting, and he leave some sort of copyright back to you, weather a link or in his comment tags <!---copyright by Arkpol-> etc.
    Good luck with it.
    D

The only suggestion I might make is that there is an awful lot of scrolling going on. I would try to bring it all up on the page that they are seeing. I know that this would require a redesign but I'm scrolling on my 1028x700 or whatever. The point is you want to shorten the pages. Just my thoughts.