A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MCs and Levels

Hybrid View

Hello Again!

Seems like it should be simple, but I just can't figure out how to place MCs into different levels other than _root. Loading SWF movies into levels I know. Duplicating MCs into levels I know. But to get a MC into a particular level in the first place, I don't know. I'm sure I've read about it somewhere in my reading, but... Anybody care to help out this bewildered guy? Thanks!

Dale Janzen
    http://www.degajegroup.com

ActionScript.org
    You can only build on Level0 within the editting environment. If you want to add content to another level it must be via the loadmOvie command or similar...

does that answer your question?

Cheers

Jesse

?

do u mean target a timeline of mc in diff. levels?

mc/_level

ahmadzombie

Mcs and Levels (continued)

Jls2K and ahmadzombie - thanks for responding. It's not so much targeting MCs on various levels, rather getting them there in the first place... if you can only create MCs and edit them in _level0, how do you "reassign" them to another level? Isn't loadMovie only for loading swf files - NOT MCs?

What I'm trying to achieve is this:

_root = Main movie, background, etc.

_level1 = A separate swf file that includes a series of JPEG images.

_level2 = An MC with buttons which are scripted to show the JPEG images on _level1, making them appear to be "below" this MC.

I can load the swf file into _level1 just fine. I can't figure out how to get the MC I want into _level 2.

Does this make more sense? Thanks for any help you may have...

Dale Janzen
    http://www.degajegroup.com

ActionScript.org
    You would have to make th MC you want in level2 a separate SWF and load it in that way... or you might be able to use swap depths but loading it into leve2 would be easier...

You can't just allocate a level for objects in Flash... like I say, the editting environment is level0 only (as far as I know).

Cheers

Jesse

OK then...

Thanks for the info, Jesse! Once again, seems like it's pretty much a metter of "think different". I'll give it a go.

Back to work,

Dale Janzen
    ww.degajegroup.com