A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My Swish Intro

Hi All,

Can you please take a look and let me know what you think. I am still working on my site so no links are working and the intro has not been completed as yet. Any ideas or comments I would appreciate.

http://www.eezbiz.net/eezbiz

Thanks
    George

Looks great,

but, "Imagine the Possibilities" and "Get Ready" are off my screen at the bottom. I'm at 800x600 on a 17" display here at work. Nice layout.

Screen Settings

I took the scroll bars off and basically worked on the site using 1024x768. I would have thought that anyone using a 17" monitor would have that setting as a default.

George

Slight modifications

I just made some slight modifications.

I would simply suggest that if your going to be in web design you are limiting yourself if you only design for large screens but of course that's your business. I got a runtime error line 50 in your JavaScript so not sure what didn't work. Thought you'd like to know. I've got a 366 Pll with 128ram, IE 5.5 and 56k modem.
    Loaded fairly quickly on my modem. Nice graphics in top left corner. Your menu seems to be all one graphic or the hyperlinks are to close together. Good start.

2 things you never ever do in web design .....

.... steal graphics and claim them as yours...

.... design in any resolution other than 800x600

-G$-

Harsh charge on the graphics.

Still Causing Trouble grumblemarc's Avatar
    Okay you took the scrollbars off. It's still too big. All the elements are still present so what was removing the scrollbars supposed to accomplish? The screen can still be resized so you just made it MORE difficult to see all the content. I know I sound harsh but just deleting scrollbars did not solve your resolution problem. In fact the work you DID do will be wasted if no one knows it's supposed to be there. It IS a good start. Nothing too flashy but DEFINETLY not overdone. Glad you didnt go overboard. I would suggest just repositioning your elements a little closer together so all your hard work can be seen and appreciated AND fit in a "popular" resolution.

Graphics

Just to let you know, I have bought quite a few graphics from the net and legitimately.

I never claimed that I designed them. I think if you buy them you can use them, anything wrong with that?

George