A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Looking for a .swi!!!

Looking for a .swi!!!

Searching through some older posts...I saw that harveybass posted saying that he would send the .swi file for his picture (blur) effect on http://www.telegramsammusic.com
    ...doesanyone have it?..if so..please send it to me...

whispers007@hotmail.com Thanks
    [Edited by whispers on 05-16-2001 at 11:45 AM]

UNified
    Why not ask Harvey yourself via email?
    jofta
    The link may well be under his postings or at his homepage or via the url home page you have just posted.

I did!

I did ask him via e-mail!...but I thought if he already sent it out to several members already...they could send it to me!..He might be at work..or something...so I figured I would ask the comunity!
    -whispers-

ANYBODY??

I still have not heard anything from "harveybass"...is there anybody out there that had the .swi sent to them???

He may not want to distribute it. That is up to him. he will certainly answer if he so desires. If he does not no one will send you someone else's work if it is percieved he does not want it distributed.

???

He stated in a older post that "if anybody wants the .swi...he would send it to them!"...I would never ask for someone else's work if that person did say it was ok!....I did e-mail him for it...but he could have been busy or at work or something...that is why I asked if anyone had the .swi the "HE" sent to members that requested it....I have duplictaed the effect,..but it dose look as smmoth of a transition as his..that is why I was looking for the .swi!!! -whispers-

Are you serious? Just use 2 images (1 hidden underneath). On mouseover, hide the top one. You don't need the SWI file. Just disect visually.

Yes..I am serious!

Dude,...SpamLover....Like I stated before (which you must have missed) that I did recreate the effect,..but...it does not look as smooth as his transition....I was wondering what little "TWEAKS" he did to achieve such a smooth look!...If you wont read the previous posts...or have nothing helpful to say...then just dont reply at all..simple as that! -whispers-

Increase your fps to 18, 24 or 30. 12 is too low and crappy. I had read somewhere that anything above 18 fps is bad due to a bug with swf syncronization. Never had a problem myself with 24 fps though.

ttfn

PS. Sorry, but I usually just skim through the messages quickly as most posts are repetative, ass-kissing or non-insightful

I didn't mean yours though. Just force of habit.

=P

LOL...

Ok..no ofense taken...just want to learn as much as I can about SWISH..now on to tackeling..."load movie"...My first attempt at it will be soon! Thanks. -whispers-