A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is there a load movie tutorial any where

I can find one is there one

I just posted two threads today regarding "load movie" and few people are kindly enough replied. You can check there and they have introduced some links with tutorials other than their own answers on my questions.

That didn't help me out in any way futop

I'm sure someone can just give me the steps on how to load a movie

Shagg-

There is a great invention on FlashKit called
    "Search"

Search for Load Movie in The Advance Search and Put in SWiSH as the forum. You will find many responses. So search there if you want some tutorials/answers.

jon128 done did that nothing there but garbage

but thanks for beign a smart ass

Hi Shagg,
    There are 2 Load movie tutorials at http://www.joevelez.com
    Some quick notes:
    Main movie plays at Level 0
    all other movies are loaded into Level 1 or higher

In the Load Movie box you need to put the movie's name and the ext. e.g., movie2.swf

Control the placement of the loaded movie by making the same height and width as the main movie.

You cannot test this in play mode (Swish will not play the loaded movie) export and test in Flash player or browser.

Good luck,
    Dawn

well shagg...

Just cuz i think you're a lazy @$$ like me and you obviously won't stop posting till someone hands you the answer I'll tell ya..

lvl 0= the background(this will be the only opaque layer in a layer/leveled site)
    lvl 1-100?<-- if you wish will all have transparent backgrounds.. only the text/gif/jpeg will appear

i have no idea what you're trying to do so I really can't get too specific with an answer but here's some tips.

if you're enitre site is 1.mb lets say.... break that sucka up into several movies(aim for 50k) that way your movie loads really fast and you still have all the content there.

for instance read this
    level 0=background pic(car) + business name flying around
    >>> 50k
    level 1=menu bar(navigation controls=contact us/services/portfolio)
    these buttons should have the actions/ on press>load movie"youralazymofo.swf">level 2 and so on
    go for 50k also
    level 2=this is where you'll switch the pages for the site... remember that in the time line you should unload the movie after it ends or you can set each page into several levels and you don't need to unload the movie
    >>> keep all your pages under 50k also
    level 3= maybe load sounds into this level and also a music switcher button just for variety..
    just remember that the lower # levels are on the bottom and the higher #'s are on top.. like the perfect analogy... every layer is a pane glass window with level 100 on the top and level 0 on the bottom... but the bottom is opaque.

if you need more instructions i suggest you log on with a different nickname because you come across pretty rude to those who read your posts

like everyone says... use the advance search and you'll find everything you need... this topic pops up 50 times a week and im sure the moderators(great people infact)are sick of talking about it.

-G$-
    btw... do you live in Windsor?

shagg

jon128 done did that nothing there but garbage

-English please?
    Anyways, I just searched and found many posts about it...so...try again Shagg. I really don't think your trying, I think you just want someone to hand you the answer as GS said.

peace,
    good luck anyways
    -Jon

Where does swish look for the movie at?
    Where do I put the movie at?

Swish is lame for not providing a freakin book that comes with this thing. I may be stupid but I don't care I don't like spending all damn day trying to get something done.

jon128 shut the hell up you go find me one now
    -lol! Your real funny...I can kind of make out what your trying to say. Since there is no punctuation or anything. Have fun looking shagg & good luck! BTW...are you to lazy to search? You just want every else to search for you?

peace,
    -Jon

Senior Member virtualwebgistics's Avatar

It's Hump Day for Crying Out Loud :o)

Gosh Shagg...I don't know how you are ever going to expect to get help here when you act so mean to everybody.

I am very, very new at Swish...and also have had a hard time finding info through search, etc. However, every single person on this forum that has reached out to answer my (I am sure, stupid sounding questions) have ALL been very nice and helpful peeps.

A little bit of professionalism and being nicer will get you a h#ll of a lot more information than the way you're currently going about it.

Just my 2cents ) Jules

CONTENT LIKE THIS WILL BE DELETED.

All he had to say was try doing a search for load movie but he had to say it in a smart ass way. I'm nice to be as long as there nice to me

[Edited by velez on 05-17-2001 at 05:23 PM]

Wow,
    You have a lot of hostile vibes. I didn't mean it to be in a smartass way...so chill out dude.

I have learned(like most) from your attitude that you are killa187 and...some other guy that got most of his post locked(bobgoldfish...maybe). No offense if your not him or anything, but it sure feels like it to me.

Take it easy.
    Peace

Originally posted by shagg
    I was being nice but when someone post a smart ass ass like
    jon128 did what do you expect me to do let him be an ass to me.

All he had to say was try doing a search for load movie but he had to say it in a smart ass way. I'm nice to be as long as there nice to me

HMMMMMM.....hey you with your big$$$$$ pages, i always thought that pros like you did not need any help, and when we offer you to help............your work is still garbage.

moderators close thread!!!!!!!!!

Is this a flame thread now? Hey shagg.... can do you know what a run-on sentence is? hehe.. try using a coma once
    -G$-

Shagg has now started at least 4 other threads in this same vein about movies. I have posted at least one very detailed answer to same. I no longer intend to answer any question posted by this individual. You may all do as you wish but this pompous little ass has made it to my list. Adios.

Senior Member virtualwebgistics's Avatar
    Originally posted by Doug20
    Shagg has now started at least 4 other threads in this same vein about movies. I have posted at least one very detailed answer to same. I no longer intend to answer any question posted by this individual. You may all do as you wish but this pompous little ass has made it to my list. Adios.
    I'm with U on this one Doug. I know that you have been so very helpful to me (like many others here) and have reached out to help when I ask any sort of question ... and I am probably the most clueless one in the forum

There are just waaayyyy too many nice and kool-e-o peeps in this forum to put up with someone who doesn't know how to show other people any respect...or even how to say please ot thank you.

BTW Doug - I stayed home from my FT job today (sick )to work on a side project ... but am hoping to make some time tonight to do some Swishin! Wish me luck

The clueless one - Jules

Chill Shagg!

What's the problem shagg? I think you should relax, have you been up for 72 hours straight trying to figure out how to add simple text to a swish movie or something?

Anyway, it's people like jon128, Doug20, and GS who are busting their butts helping everyone out here that makes this such a great forum. So, please don't take up their time with your nonsense! It takes away the time they could be dealing with people who are trying to help themselves and then only AFTER they have searched and tried on their own to fix a problem, post something here.

Doug, I'm with you, I will NEVER respond to shagg's posts.

FK's Fnortner
    you just did ... and he probably loves the attention being paid to him. just drop it.
    [Edited by ddunn26 on 05-17-2001 at 01:58 PM]