A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash, Swish and Eppilepsy

I was at a site the other day that had a lot of laser like effects in it. Before ever entering the site there was a warning to veiwers. "This site contains lazer like effects, people with Eppilepsy should not enter."

It reminded me of a special on Eppilesy that I had seen where it was stated that Eppileptics can have siezures due to flashing lights. Some of these siezures can be life threatening. Just something I thought you all might wish to be aware of.

The Flashkit Mama

so would u like 2 share that address with us

n e way thanks for so informative.
    keep swishin!!!!!
    db

I would if I could remember it but that was days ago and not even sure if it was one of Swishes or Flash 5's. Didn't think that much about it at the time except to log it into the back of my mind for my own sites. Then got to thinking about all the effects we all use and thought it might be a good thing to think about with footers, sites etc.

Thanks for raising this subject Doug. This sort of thing has taken a long time to gain recognition as far as web-design goes. It's not just those with epilepsy either... people who are sensitive to sudden light or colour combinations (far-sightedness, colour-blindness, migraine sufferers, night-blindness) also have problems and adverse reactions to some extreme fx.
    While not life-threatening for the majority, it can be very unpleasant indeed.