A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pop Up Help . . .

I'm trying to get another window to open when I click one of the buttons on my website. The thing is that I want it to remain the same size of the movie and without all the explorer buttons. Also I would like to make sure that the new window stays in the middle of the sceen. I know you can do this using javascipt, but I'm really bad with Javascript not to mention I don't know where to put it. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Put this in the Get URL field:

Javascript:window.open('link.html', 'WindowName',
    'width=200,height=300,top='+((screen.availHeight/2)-(height/2))+',left='+((screen.availWidth/2)-(width/2)toolbar=no, scrollbars=no,resizable=no,menubar=no,status=no,di rectories=no,location=no');
    void(0);

I have all kinds of popup window scripts here:
    http://www.san-fran.com/tutorials/fl...lmenu_wframes/

Thx alot guys . . . only problem is that I still can't get the scrollbar and toolbar not to show up . . . it keeps giving me a runtime error every time if I turn them both off . . . if you guys have any ideas it would be great . . .

Javascript:window.open('link.html', 'WindowName', 'width=200,height=300,top='+((screen.availHeight/2)-(height/2))+',left='+((screen.availWidth/2)-(width/2))+',toolbar=no, scrollbars=no,resizable=no,menubar=no,status=no,di rectories=no,location=no');

just a typo

Musicman

Senior Bumbler
    or try my smart clip...