A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] Three swi's for you...

New Movie .... 100% Swish

I hope you like this one. I had to rush the movie in the last few days. I've been busy plus I go back to school tomorrow. It's my senior year (4th yr. in college).
    This movie is not perfect. This movie is for you to disect and learn from ... The effects, external and internal, are all Swish made. I will make the complete .swi available in a few days. Tell me what you think. Post comments and suggestions.
    Note: If you have a slow computer, expect the movie to run slow.

New tutorial. Learn how to make your own scroll effect. Three different versions. 100% Swish! Swi available for download. Give me feedback if you want more! I also made the swi available from my Image tutorial.
    Also, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't tell me that my links were not working. I would appreciate your feedback. Especially, if your'e using my swi's.

Need your website or computer to talk to you? Press on the link below and tell me what you think.
    (This will read any text that is given.)

Many movies out their have a problem with images. These images become out of focused or pixelized when zooming. This short tutorial is to help those who need it. This movie also has a scroller. This scroller will stop when the user chooses to stop.

Looking for swi's? I've posted a few. There were all done on Swish. I hope this helps.

http://www.joevelez.com/swish_examples.htm
    [Edited by velez on 09-13-2000 at 09:14 AM]

Quite cool but you should remove the audio from the Swish files and make them separate downloads. I wanted to download Swish intro but at 2mb i decided not to. The rest I downloaded to see and learn.

Velez,

nice examples, thanx for sharing them

Regards...Gracust

P.S. DSC how did you create you nice initials in your footer?

Welcome to the board

I always enjoy seeing new movies even if they are done with effects that have been posted before. Each time someone shows there very own take on it. Nice files, ~Jer~

Originally posted by DSC
    Quite cool but you should remove the audio from the Swish files and make them separate downloads. I wanted to download Swish intro but at 2mb i decided not to. The rest I downloaded to see and learn.
    2mb's!!! Wow!
    I've converted some wav files into mp3's. I wanted to make the file as small as possible without removing the sounds. Your download should be less than 2mbs. It doesn't sound as good but you should get the ideal. The swf is the same. I just changed the swi.

Re: Welcome to the board

Originally posted by Jerry T
    I always enjoy seeing new movies even if they are done with effects that have been posted before. Each time someone shows there very own take on it. Nice files, ~Jer~
    These are just my practice files. I've made them small so others could see the swi file and learn from it. This forum has helped me so I figured I'll help others.

new

they are very cool. so talented. i thought the download was real fast. keep um commin'

chick

Downloading

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but when I download the .swi files and try to open them I keep getting errors this has happened when I've downloaded other .swi's as well anyone have any sugestions?

Witch Dr.,
    He...He...I have the same problem. I think we srewed up somewhere, during installing/uninstalling process. I couldn't get Starwars swi's, but David Petley, resaved it on his machine for me, and they are now working.

Re: explosion, projector, animated world, banner

Originally posted by velez
    Looking for swi's? I've posted four. One is a banner. The other is a movie projector, an animated globe and the last is an explosion. I hope this helps.

[Edited by velez on 08-09-2000 at 04:59 PM]
    Sir/Ma'am,
    Nice example, can you give me a tutorial regarding the menu or navigation example of your work with links.

Not sure

Ivanopulo..

I'm not sure whats going on but there are still a bunch of .swi that will not open for me. THe star one works fine for me it's just the new ones at the top and a couple from swishtips that I can't get to work and it's driving me nuts.

Should I uninstall/reinstall

Should I uninstall the program and reinstall or could be that just the files could be corrupt or something?? I think it's me )

Thanks Velez! These are all very good!

100%

velez i like your work.. and that's so nice simples.. keep up the good work.. and i think ziggy will send u msg to put your work at his site

Image tutorial with scroller and more swi's

Many movies out their have a problem with images. These images become out of focused or pixelized when zooming. This short tutorial is to help those who need it. This movie also has a scroller. This scroller will stop when the user chooses to stop.

A website that talks to you ... hmmmmmmmm.
    Really interesting, check it out. The link is at the start of this topic.

New tutorial. Learn how to make your own scroll effect. Three different versions. 100% Swish! Swi available for download. Give me feedback if you want more! I also made the swi available from my Image tutorial.
    Also, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't tell me that my links were not working. I would appreciate your feedback. Especially, if your'e using my swi's. Set your browser http://www.joevelez.com/swish_examples.htm
    [Edited by velez on 08-16-2000 at 11:53 PM]

Thanks Velez, these are great!
    Still can't believe you haven't had more requests for the .swi for Catch me if you can.
    Dawn

it's the first time i see Those tutorial, but all what i have toi say, is it will help me a lot

tnx

After clicking on above url I keep getting a redirect to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/i....asp#character

???