Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Best Anime Footer Competition

Ian424
    [impatient] i dunno [/impatient]

9th Grade WC
    how do we win again

i won't be here so if mine appears.... its magic

gah-
    mine refuses to be 15 - flash tells me it is but windows aint having none of that (its all bill's fault). So back to the drawing board..... (but not litterally coz i've traced my sketches in flash now.....)
    wahay - just got a new idea -

hehe - off to bed now - its 2 in the morning and I have work

9th Grade WC
    under 15
    that does take some working
    mostly optimising
    because my banner had small pictures so optimising does help
    without losing much quality

official system error
    Originally posted by quistaquay
    gah-
    mine refuses to be 15 - flash tells me it is but windows aint having none of that (its all bill's fault). So back to the drawing board..... (but not litterally coz i've traced my sketches in flash now.....)
    wahay - just got a new idea -

hehe - off to bed now - its 2 in the morning and I have work
    Hi quisty,
    do you do the report of the exported swf? with the report you get the exact bytesize of every piece you have in your movie (I'm sure you already know ).

Look for bigger pieces and use the "white pointer" in flash to delete useless points into geometric paths!!!

then if you have static scene made by a lot of static frames, better have only 2 of this static frames repeated by an actionscripted loop, with this technique I saved something like 8KB!!!!

I had a 26 kb footer and now it's 13 and has a lot of things more than the old one!!!!

Look forward to see all your footers boys and gals!!!

OMG..Just woke up and i see another 5 footers and all great...... Im finishing off the site..

Would you preffer it if i had all footers on one page or 3per page or just seperate?

Originally posted by Ctrl+Alt+Del

Look for bigger pieces and use the "white pointer" in flash to delete useless points into geometric paths!!!

then if you have static scene made by a lot of static frames, better have only 2 of this static frames repeated by an actionscripted loop, with this technique I saved something like 8KB!!!!

I had a 26 kb footer and now it's 13 and has a lot of things more than the old one!!!!

Look forward to see all your footers boys and gals!!!
    Good tip - here's another I used while optimizing my footer (and animating in general) - Make every repeated object a symbol. Each time you have a "wet shape" (editable) on stage, it is storing information to draw that shape for every frame. If you can use the same instance of an object across two frames (no matter how small the element), you have already cut the information needed to store that object in half, more depending on how many frames you have the object on stage for. You can also rotate and move the instances and add very little overhead to your final .swf

official system error
    aw, another thing:
    if you have to move an object on a line (also diagonals) use actionscript with ._x and ._y, especially for long and/or slow movements!!! have a good flashing!!!

Thats what i did.. still ran out of space though

okay - *so* totally forgot about the report - photoshop is obviously rotting my brain..... (doesn't anyone else other than me and meTa whanna play with the rose over on pdf???)
    <<<<<oppsies - forgot the url - photocustomise thread>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anywayz - had a new idea that might actually mean a *small* amount of interactivity - after I signed of last night I spent 2 hrs on it - so din actually get to bed until 4 - ha had to go to work at 8:30
    [Edited by quistaquay on 05-29-2001 at 02:43 PM]

quistaquay,
    Were's your footer man...

And By the way, Goto the Photo Customize thread. Its pretty Cool.....i Did one myself...Dont think its that great.

Anyhows, just to let you all know, im not entering the Competition scince i don't have a anime character at the momment...Ow well dunno that might change.

oh - havent finished yet - as if - took me 2 hrs to do the silliest piece of a/s (obviously my a/s skills are not quite as good as i hoped) Then I decided to enter this e20 comp - so if u are UK resident head over to eastenders website (i'm pretty sure r&rs said entrants had to be British) - than again why dont every one do something for a laugh!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna do a sillhoute type thing for it.
    (note to meTa - using masks in photoshop)

j00 r teh pwnz0r3d DarkMagicHacker's Avatar
    I wish I could make a good footer. Mine bites.

9th Grade WC
    i noticed the blue guy never seems to win

Human Being
    Uhmmm... You are the blue guy...

Doh!

Allright, let me kick off footer reboot week (or kick it at least, as many have already posted their footers) by posting mine. And maybe if I can fly under the radar, people won't notice the change until Friday (or my impatience. )

I also wanted an excuse to call your attention to some of the new content at Perfectly Functional, including some Flash animation reviews and upcoming interviews with animators.

Moderator - Anime Curator Naldoman's Avatar
    Okay...I pulled everything out, and it's still bursting at the seams!!! My poor little .swf!

15K[swf width=300 height=40]http://pages.prodigy.net/rwarnold/swf/iluvanime2.swf[/swf]

43K[swf width=300 height=40]http://pages.prodigy.net/rwarnold/swf/iluvanime.swf[/swf]

Average FK board member
    hurry with the site
    i wanna see them

official system error
    hey, that's not correct, I'm feeling a bit idiot waiting for 1st june now that quite everyone has his footer one!!!

Should I punt on mine?
    I'm a bit impatient, I really would like to put it on....

Chris!!!
    I like your new footie, it's funny btw there's a thing I'd like to ask: do you delete the drops when they aren't anymore on the screen??? I ask that because I noticed that when I'm on a page with your footer the page get slow!!!

I had the same problem with mine, with the snow (oh, I said that!!!! ), after 15 seconds the footer got every second more slower!!! So I acted on them deleting the unused...

If that's the problem, better delete the unused drops!!!

(sorry to bother you but it gets hard to scroll the page. Aw!!! I'm at work and I'm using a pentium II 200 mhz wich sucks so maybe it's PC's fault!!!)