A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: colision detect or mouse position

Question

I have a link that extends a menu bar on roll over, and i want the menu bar to dissapear when you roll off it. I have done this by putting the comand to apear on roll over the button, and then in the mext key frame (where the menu is) there is another button the size of the menu that has the roll off command to make the menu disapear. The problem comes when you roll over the button, and out of the area of the menu so fast that the mouseis rolled off the menu before frame 2, so the menu stays. I would like to test if the mouse is outside the menu, and if it is then close the menu instead of the roll off comand. - is this best done by dragging an invisible movie clip that I can test the position of (like I am trying) or another fancy way I don't know??????? Hope you geniuses can help me! cheers.

------------------
    my head still hurts

Why don't you make a new empty movieclip that plays when the mouse rolls out of the buttons. Than only just in frame 2 or 3 of that movieclip you build in the checker with the if statement (think you got to use actionscript and coordinates cause mouseover won't work on frames).
    This causes a time delay.

Not 100% sure about this option, but perhaps it helps you on your way!

Waldo

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

I generaly put both the mouse out and Drag out command as the close button You could also make a button under the menu that would be bigger than the menu and put a if statement that would check to see if the menu was at a certain frame and if it is to goto and play another. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>