A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Get involved - FLASH.project.3d_(rpg)

binaryhit

resolved [RESOLVED] Get involved - FLASH.project.3d_(rpg)

Hi guys,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who takes their time to help people out on Flash Kit - Your all great guys/gals and a shrine to the development of Flash programming.

Secondly I would like to ask everyone to get involved in the project that will be run from the Flash Kit Messageboard "FLASH.project.3d_(rpg)".

I hope that this will get everyone in the community working together on a high impact, exciting, 3d role playing game that will help everyone to come together and make an input into this game.

Mission:
    -Bring the Flash Kit community together in a single project.
    -To create a 3-dimentional, Zelda style RPG using flash, where rooms will load straight off the internet upon entry.
    -Create an enchanting and magical 3d world which is amazing to look at, using textures and 3d objects, also it needs to be original, fast and well programmed.
    -Create an atmospheric feeling that draws people into the game using cool effects and makes them want to never leave there PC/Mac.

What we need:
    -Your input, thats right, the main thing needed for this project is your input! We need you guys to post all your ideas, no matter how small you think that it might be. Also if you think that you have a way of getting around any scripting or you think that you can do better than the last person then simply post it!!!! Maybe you do a little bit of artwork/animation and have got a good idea then simply send it to us!!!! Whatever you think may benefit this project be sure to post it or send it to us!

We also need someone with the patience of a saint and skill to match to help in the backbone scripting for a fully 3d world. Navigatable either by the use of the mouse or UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT keys on the keyboard whatever you decide or think would be best.

Also if you are into music maybe you would enjoy working on this project and creating some sound tracks and effects that you think may sound cool.

You can also post files, ideas and pictures to:

mailto:feedback@binaryhit.com

Thanx for reading.
    Gary Paluk

It all starts here - and it will!

binaryhit
    Chapter 1:

Remembering all the stuff above send anything any time^

We are now working on the 3d world, Please post any ideas or script examples that you may have for a 3d world that you would enter the game in. i.e the first island, charcters, textures, effects etc.

If you are posting a Script please explain what the script does so that people in Flash Kit can learn from it. Maybe it builds the 3d world as you move around so that you only see the things that are close to you, speeding up the display etc.

Gary

i can help on a marketing side...

I own the website http://www.gamesandjokes.co.uk and it is becoming more and more successful with each passing week. If you could write a feature on your idea I would gladly post it on the site for everyone to read. Site is updated weekly so if you wanted you could like make it a diary, with a new post each week explaining how it is coming on and what ideas you are thinking of for the future. Then you could perhaps later post a demo beta version on my site for testing and get useful feedback from the genuine players.

Get back to me on this one, my email is gamesandjokes@funfrock.net

Hope I can be of some help because it sounds like a facinating project. Good luck

Dan Milner a.k.a. Dr Funfrock

binaryhit

OK thanks

That would be great, I will get to it soonish, but how many words are we talking about?

Gary

binaryhit

Calling all 3d package users.

Do you have any 3d software and would like to see you work in a game? We are working on a 3d flash game and need someone to design/animate our main charachter. If you have any cool ideas for a main character/any objects or could even create a sprite in 3ds/max format then send any objects to: mainto:feedback@binaryhit.com

Thanks dearly

Gary

As many words as you like. Of course if it is to be a weekly feature then don't go too overboard, I should think 300-400 words would do fine! I am basically looking to a)improve my basic knowledge of flash and b) make my site more interesting, so I think this is a great idea for me and you both!

binaryhit
    Ok great, i'll get to it now!

What will be the theme of the game (futuristic, medieval, fantasy, etc...)...

Im working on 3D dragon model that may be good if the game is a medieval/fantasy thing...

P.S - Will the game be RealTime 3D rendering or just animated sprites (that look 3D)?

binaryhit

Smile

The game will be a fantasy game and be similar in story style to Zelda 64 and Pokémon but will be 3d. What I think with the realtime effects would be all the characters and objects in the game would be 3d animated sprites rendered as vector graphics in SWIFT but the actual world/islands/rooms/shops etc will be running in realtime.

What is your character and what ideas do you have?

Thankyou for posting and I hope that you get involved!!!

Gary

binaryhit
    Hey, I need to read more properly, I see you put it was a dragon! Well yeah, that would be realy cool, we may use it as a boss or a character that may help you out!

If you could send it to:
    mailto:feedback@binaryhit.com
    Just saying that I can use it!

I will convert it to vectors and post it so you can see what it would look like in the game aswell if you want.

Thanks for the post, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Gary

geez, this game sounds a really good idea but will it look as great as you say? I ain't being a critic or anything it's just you compare it to zelda 64....

i'm just learning actionscript from a free 30 day trial of flash 5 so in 3 weeks time i won't be able to do any more flash :-( !

Remember to email me your installments of your diary thingy - site is updated every saturday morning UK time, so it will need to be in my mailbox on a friday night UK time really.

I look forwards to adding this feature to my site! Hope you have had a chance to look at it? What do you think?

The model Im making is still in very early stages...
    I will send pics to you as it takes form...

binaryhit
    When I compare the game to Zelda 64, obviously the blur effects of Zelda would be far too much for Flash to cope with but most of the other features would theoretically be accomplishable. The main part of the script would be the 3d engine and this has been proven to be possible to create in Flash, converting 3dimentional shapes into 2dimages that appear to look 3d. Also if the world is created to only show objects that are quite close, (still keeping some depth), and only showing land and objects that are in your field of view, the 3d environment would run much faster than if the entire world was visable (This would slow it down imensly). So the answer is that yes I want to create a game that graphically is nearly as good as a game like Zelda 64.

binaryhit
    Great Sebastian, thanx!

Gary

you have my complete support mate. obviously i cant help too much on the flash side of things but feel free to use my website for anything you feel needs fit. screenshots, reviews, demos, alpha/beta testing etc, you name it, i'll back it. just email me any files you want uploading to the site and i'll get them online. gamesandjokes@funfrock.net

Here is an Idea maybe it should be a MultyPlayer game enviroment like Ultima OnLine(DND type of thing)...

P.S - The animation bellow is one of my best models I made...

binaryhit
    This would be a good idea but it would have to run from the xml port, I think that this is a little ambitious for this version, maybe once it is completed I may look at this option as it is a very good idea! Thankyou.

P.S. the animation is very good! Plus I like short circuit the film! lol

Thanks... You are one of a very few who recognized the character... (Johnny 5 from Short Circuit)

binaryhit
    So does anyone have any ideas for a title? I'm doing the title screen now! I'll post a picture soon!!!

How about... "Magic, Might and Lore",
    "Lands of Strife",
    "Fantastic Adventure".