A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: [RESOLVED] Get involved - FLASH.project.3d_(rpg)

binaryhit
    Hey behp,

I have already discussed such plans as pre done object and it will be made possible. As for things as big as houses there will be textures for building them out of the options already available! I am working on the textures and it's pretty painstaking, so give it time

As for the objects I think you'll have to wait a while till I get dust off 3d Studio Max and Swift

//Gary

P.S. I don't know where you can find good dragon pics other than search for dragon pictures in a search engine!
    Sorry.

This way In
    Ok, Id like to say
    A) this is really starting to look good, especially with the houses, etc.
    B)if you need me to make anything graphic wise tell me what you need done, Im not much of a codemonkey (yet, learning) but I can draw, so ask and ill see if i can fit in some time.
    C) keep it up!

binaryhit
    Bandwagon, If you want to help on the graphics side then if you take the source code fla and just do some texture mapping onto the grid faces that would be great. If you don't know what to do then just let me know and i'll write it in detail.

You could start with something easy which only uses 1 face
    - "a lake". this would use a 1 fully tiled texture and 4 corner pieces, if you wan't to go wild you could make 4 intruding pieces also to make shapes other than squares and rectangles!

Remember they need to tile! If you want any more info then just let me know!!!

//Gary

My oh my, this really is coming on! My only gripe is that each movie takes a while to load, but at this quality it is WELL worth the wait!

OK remember, binaryhit, get that second diary entry to me by friday and it can have pride of place on the site. Ill advertise it fully and if you can give me a link to a version so far with everything you've done, OR just a small movie with screenshots flashing through, that would be great.

Please send some normal screenshots of like the map editor and anything else in action to gamesandjokes@funfrock.net

Thanks, and good luck guys, at this rate you all deserve it.

ill do some map making if you want

Any chance I can help by using the map editor and creating some terrain? I'd love to help but obviously I won't be good on the backend stuff. So this looks good, looks within my capabilities!

Cheers, Dr Funfrock

binaryhit
    Dr_Funrock the link on your page for week 1 doesn't even work, I did email you to tell you.

//Gary

Lightbulb

about the array editor, is there any way that you can have different sized blocks. what i mean is, the default is 1x1 and this is small in relation to the size of the map. perhaps there could be an option where you can increase the block size u put down to 2x2 (4 blocks), 3x3, 4x4 etc. that way, if you are wanting to raise a large area of land it would take much less time.

just an idea that could save you time in the longrun?

dr_funfrock

I have just updated it now, I uploaded the files I made bout your game to the wrong bloody server! I'm sorry, now it is ready - just click on the link below the java scrolling app. So now there is a permament link for anyone interested to a) diary b) working versions c) updates d) this message board e) your email address.

By the way gamesandkokes is number 4 on ask jeeves mirago etc and high up on altavista when you search for "games" so hopefully as my site increases in popularity, people will see your game.

GL.

Dr Funfrock
    [Edited by Dr_Funfrock on 05-29-2001 at 04:44 AM]

binaryhit
    Still doesn't work!

OK now BOTH links work. I mis-spelt the applet link.

GL
    Dr_Funfrock

binaryhit
    Still doesn't work!!!!! I sugest you check it!!!

It does work. the link on http://www.gamesandjokes.co.uk in both the scrolling applet and the text link below go to http://www.funfrock.net/users/gandj/...ashgame_1.html

I store most my files on my http://www.funfrock.net server because that doesnt cost me to dial into and upload you see.

I'm positive it works, if you hover your mouse over the text link that says ENCHANTMENT......etc in the status bar it should say http://www.funfrock.net/users/gandj/...ashgame_1.html

GL
    Dr_Funfrock

binaryhit
    Nope it takes you to http://www.funfrock.net/users/gandj/...e_diary_1.html

And there is no link underneath, I have cleared my cache and refreshed and it's still the same!!!

//Gary

hmmmm. there is definatly a link under the applet scroller becaue i uploaded it and a mate from London of mine checked it worked and it did. i don't know why you cant see it, especially if you have cleared your cache. all i can say is sorry, but rest assured it does work ad that site visitors can read about the game. have you checked that in tools/internet options that the temporary internet files settings tell the browser to check for updates on a site every visit to the page? thats my sugestion.

Gary, about that task you wanted me to do...
    I have freed some time from my other projects...
    So if you want E-Mail me to: sbender@bezeqint.net
    with the details...

binaryhit
    Getting too big so contiune the forum here:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=151287

No more posts here please.
    NO MORE POSTS HERE PLEASE.
    No more posts here please.