A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HEY MadSci !!!!

Your tuitorial on platforms was killer. However do you know how to make a platform move up and down so that when the hero jumps on the moving Platform (Movie clip) he moves with it. (Like Tamale Loco on Shockwave.com)

Could somebody point me in the direction of this tutorial?

Thanks dude!

yep in the moving platform just put:

onClipEvent (load){
    dir="up";
    speed=5;
    }

onClipEvent (enterFrame){
    if ( this._y <=50){dir="down";}- top of the scene
    if ( this._y >= 300{dir="up";}- bottom of the scene
    if ( dir eq "up"){this._y-=speed;}
    if ( dir eq "down"0{this._y+=speed;}

this is all you have to do. if you want to move your platform horizontaly replace this_y with this._x; the rest of the code in the platform is the same. The hero will move with the platfor because his position is adjusted by the hitTest();

wish you luck

mad_sci

Thanks Mad-Sci. I will let you know if it works. You are the Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awww, Mad-Sci is the best!

KEKEKEKE... :P

Keep talkin trausch

How you doin FlashKittyKat..

mad_sci

I am doing grate!

Hay I have good news! The “3D Tank Team (my team)” in CU’s game dev group has disbanded , now I will be joining the “RPG Team”! Their game is tile based! And I might get to make a flash version of it! Regardless I will have the free time to finish up my tile based flash engine, and with their help I can overcome the problems that where getting in my way!

I will have to send you more info this weekend. I am cleaning up all my notes to give to my new team mates! I will send you the link as well!

I am so happy to be working an something 2D! I just cant get my head around 3D math yet!

And how about you?

besides the new set of bacilli on my clothes nothing else changed. Tryed to find a new job ( residency ) did not work. will try again. One publication out.. thats good. and now getting 3 days vacantion with my wife-more good, else same stinking NY.

mad_sci

Kekeke…

Yep life is good! Now if I could just find a boyfriend that’s not a jerk, my life would be wonderful!

*shrugs* well you can't have your cake and eat it to?

Friday is here! “Yata!”

Hey Mad-Sci, Hy Kitty Cat,
    Mad-Sci. I tried adding the code to the moving platform. It didn't work in my fla. I guess the coding and actions are different. Do you have the fla file that I can apply this juicy tidbit. Thanks Man, you are tyhe best. By The Way I am located In NJ and I own the domain http://********InTheGame.com. I am going back and forth between making it a Flashed out Sports Site. Or a Game site. What do you think and If you like the game idea. Would you be want to work on this project together. I have already had a bunch of offers to sell the name,I think it is too valuable to sell if it is developed right.
    Speak to you soon.
    T Rausch rauschstudios@aol.com http://rauschstudios.com

Angry hey flashKat

What do you look like?

I'm okay at Flash and got lots of muscles and no cavities! I always treat girls swell ;-D

Here's a song i made to show you how cool i am.

http://www.threebrain.com/bs/songs/monkey.mp3

Yo! Trausch

There is no easy answer to your question. Though I can recommend a few things that might help.

1) Look closely at your primary game loop. You should be able to add beavers to objects in your game engine if it is robust enough?
    2) Then the magic should happen during collision detection. If an object moves it should “push” an inert object that it travels threw. This might take an extra variable to track the characters state. You will probably need to spend more time on your collision detection function as well. I recommend you don’t use “hit test” its extremely limited when it comes to more complex applications.

I know this is vague, but the way I would code a game is probably different from the way you would. I will need to know more about what you are doing, to better help you?

Well good luck Trausch!

Threebrain, that’s very sweat of you but I just got out of a bad relationship that started over the web! I think I just need some time to come to my senses, thanks any way.

Meow!

hahahahahah

I was just play'n anyways. But you must admit that the monkey song is the mad bomb diggity.

Yaa, that song was funny!