A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: KoolFace Updated!

KoolFace Designs has gone through some updates!!

I want to thank everyone for there input in my other post recently.

I know it seems KoolFace has had a shaky beginning, but KoolFace has beed trying to be something that will work for everyone. So it is going through "growth pains."

It started out as "free and some for sale" web interfaces. It didn't get any buyers. I then went to completely free and asked people to submit some of their projects. But submissions was not what I thought it would be. After some of you mentioned that there is not alot of experienced users, then I had to decide whether to keep the site up because, if there is not alot of experinced users yet, they won't submit anything yet. I also will not be able sell any anyway...so...

After some thought I have decided to do the following things...

TERMS OF SERVICE:
    - Keep all projects FREE so users can learn!
    - Allow users who submit, to set their own "conditions of use" in there own "readme.txt" file.
    - Users can use KoolFace projects anyway they wish, even for their web site customers. They just can not "mass distribute or sell" any of my works with out my permission.
    - Although I put a copyright on KoolFace projects, you are not required to display them if you use them. It would be nice if you made a link back to KoolFace, but that is optional too.

SITE CHANGES:
    - I have added a few more projects.
    - I have added a new section called "web components"
    - The KoolFace interface is now resizable.
    - I have put all the projects visible on the site again.
    - Free For All Links for web sites who use KoolFace projects only.
    - Oh.. I created a little koolface smiley face on my logo.

FUTURE PLANS:
    I personally like the "FREE" setup of KoolFace. I would however would like to move the site to it's own domain (koolface.com) someday. I found a place I can host the site for around $100 a year (includes domain). But it will cost money to maintain it, so I am offering advertising at only $10 a month. Once I raise the first year's funds, I may move it.

Donations welcomed...
    - $15 for a domain
    - $$$ what ever you can donate.

Well... that's it for now...

Thanks for your patience!
    KoolFace (fwhilton)
    http://koolface.cjb.net
    [Edited by fwhilton on 05-24-2001 at 08:22 AM]

If you want a domain name, why not use a redirection? That only costs a few dollars per year.

You also have the option to move to a dedicated server in the future.

I am using a free redirection from cjb.net, why bother with a redirection I have to pay for?

Thanks

OK, I give in. You're rudeness astounds me. All you do is moan and give negative feedback, certainly to me.

I honestly think that all you want to do is make money from this site by pretending to be altruistic.

Don't worry though, I shall not be replying with support and help to you again.

In disgust

Andrew

Andrew,

I wasn't being rude! I'm sorry if you feel that way. I was only asking a question.

I'm sorry you feel I am only trying to make money... but if I were I would have made it so that I would be selling my projects. But, I'm not... their FREE! Several people told me of some excellent ways to sell my stuff... people encouraged me to sell them... but I'm not!

I do this as a hobby and not as a business. I am not rich and to pay for a domain and a web host is not that easy for me.

I would like to move it to a web host... but I must be sure I can cover the cost because I am storing it on one of those FREEE hosts... all we all know how unstable they are.

As far as being negative and rude... I took to heart a statement that you said to me that there was not alot of experience users who could submit any projects. You said even Johni and Bob had problems getting people to help... I took your advice!

I know it seems that I am back and forth with this, but I didn't realize that there were alot of good experienced KM users out there yet who could submit projects...

so.. I am keeping my stuff for free so I can contribute to the KM community... I PREFER THE FREE DOWNLOADS over selling them... it's a hassle to keep up with the IRS etc..

I am providing a place for people to download stuff (which users have asked for) and I am only hoping people can help build up this resource so new users have a place to go!

I am sorry if you are upset...

Thanks
    fwhilton

Frank

Thank you very much for that, I am not upset.

Bob has suggested that an apology is in order, I agree.

I sincerely apologise if I have caused offence to anyone.

Andrew

Hey... Andrew

no problem... I appreciate your input!

Let's do "KOOL" things with KoolMoves!!!

Take Care
    fwhilton

ahh... just for fun...

check out this "KoolFace" footer.

It has a link too!

Super Moderator
    Very nice!