A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HONESTLY.... How much do people make with Flash??

FK's Offical Avatar Hijaker Dr.Funk's Avatar

the answer is!!!!

the people that make the real money dont post responses to threads explaining to others how to flood the market...
    just my opinion...

Freelance now!

Wow, a lot of young'uns here. I just thought I'd share a bit about my status as a freelancer. I'm in the Central California area known as the Central Valley. Here living is cheap and the pay reflects upon that. Freelancing is tough, but for the time being, I wouldn't want to give it up. This is my view on the whole Flash thing. More and more clients require flash for their sites and design firms are consequently looking to hire flash-designers. So for someone that knows a good deal of flash, the best bet is to offer flash on your own instead of going to a design firm and make like $30,000/year. You could make that in one single project. I make on an average about $50/h. I'm quite happy with this, but I'm sure some freelancers in larger metropolitan areas make twice as much. But then again the cost of living is higher for them, so it all evens out.
    But while there's only relatively a few of us and before everyone and their grandma' has learned flash, do it yourself and make that $$$ on your own. Don't submit to a company's rule just yet. Later on, and after you have a portfolio of work, you could work for a company and probably make more than the basic entry level salary.

Re: the answer is!!!!

Originally posted by Dr.Funk
    the people that make the real money dont post responses to threads explaining to others how to flood the market...
    just my opinion...
    I beg to differ. People that make the money are making money because they are talented. Not because they don't have any competition out there. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be a smartass...

Re: Re: the answer is!!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by flipsideguy
    [B]
    Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be a smartass...
    My point is the people making the real money arent posting in threads there making money..... get it now... sheesh

Re: Re: Re: the answer is!!!!

My point is the people making the real money arent posting in threads there making money..... get it now... sheesh [/B]
    Again with a dumb comment.

Re: Re: Re: Re: the answer is!!!!

Originally posted by flipsideguy
    Again with a dumb comment. [/B]

You know what... you need to stop designing and get a girl in your life you mess up lol.... get a grip... i doubt you made any money in the last 1/2 hour thinking up that last comment!! so i just cost ya a good 25$ aint gonna catch bill thinkin up good stuff like that mate!!

please dont reply im busy!!

What are you ten years old? Sorry if you feel like your comment was a brilliant one. I'm only trying to tell people, including you, that regardless of much money us designers make, we still like the idea of helping out other designers to improve their work, without the fear of having them flooding the market. And your quite unwitty remarks are just a waste of bandwidth. And for the record, I am making money sitting here right now.

for the record

just so you all know... im not paying this guy.

Hey whatever your name is it was a JOKE you take it way to seriously now hurry run along.. its all ok now!!

well ill tell you this i started out as a entry level designer who was currently only into my 2nd year of school i worked 35 hrs a week and made 28k a year with benifits about six months into the job i was working late with my one of the team leaders and to make a long story short came across some nt problems which we fixed, well that took me in a different direction i since changed subjects have got my degree and my certs in mcse, and cisco and make more in the 75-120 range.

FK Official Postman
    Originally posted by Gho$tface
    well ill tell you this i started out as a entry level designer who was currently only into my 2nd year of school i worked 35 hrs a week and made 28k a year with benifits about six months into the job i was working late with my one of the team leaders and to make a long story short came across some nt problems which we fixed, well that took me in a different direction i since changed subjects have got my degree and my certs in mcse, and cisco and make more in the 75-120 range.

So you prefer mcse and cisco related work rather than flash, or do you still enjoy flash?

resolved

wow, I am always wondering how much those designers are making, especially, the are creative, they come out with cool design, but why they are making less money than programmers, I am a java programmer, I do lot of server side(jsp, servlet, EJB,..), and this is my first job as software engineer, I know you want to know how much I am making, ok, it's $75K
    Thanks

Smile How Much???

I make 100,000 per year doing flash sites. Nothing fancy. Just simple clear, legible flashsites.

That 2 major projects ay $30,000 each plus small business sites at various package prices.

Also I sell my flashmodules to webdesigners for added income. http://flashtips.com gives you your own ecommerce store to sell your code if you want. I amke an extra 10k a year with that.

What else do you need to know?

Partner with designers and developers at http://flashtips.com.

I've been designing flash for 4 years now, so my procing is pretty stable and reasonable for my clients.

resolved

I think flash is a good place to start with web design especially if your ages 13-18. if you know flash really good and your around that age then you got your self a web site desiging part time job if you want to. But as you get older you'll need to know more stuff about the business like asp,xml,java,HTML,mysql if you want to make the big bucks.

Tipper,

How do you obtain work as a freelancer?

You obtain work as a freelancer by going out and looking for it. It's hard though Especially when your 14 like me

or.................
    you could be like me who does flash as hobby and
    neural networks for passion
    3d out of desire
    post-production for cash $400/hr Inferno/softimage/maya
    Fact is not only flashheads check this site
    or any site design, is not constrained to one medium anymore
    -pixelmethan
    [Edited by pixelengineer on 05-29-2001 at 07:31 PM]

Re: How Much???

Originally posted by tipper
    I make 100,000 per year doing flash sites. Nothing fancy. Just simple clear, legible flashsites.

That 2 major projects ay $30,000 each plus small business sites at various package prices.

Also I sell my flashmodules to webdesigners for added income. http://flashtips.com gives you your own ecommerce store to sell your code if you want. I amke an extra 10k a year with that.

What else do you need to know?

Partner with designers and developers at http://flashtips.com.

I've been designing flash for 4 years now, so my procing is pretty stable and reasonable for my clients.
    Says that it is currently under construction... what is it going to be ? Can you give usa preview of what it is and how you made 10k there?

See Above
    i feel bad about firing up an old thread, but i ran across this and was wondering if the market has changed much since 3 months ago. i'm finishing up my portfolio right now and once i throw it online i'll be applying like mad to jobs in the nyc (or possibly philly) area(s).

anybody fresh out of school reading this? i'd love to hear more about this topic.

peace|pal|www.dumb-dumb.com

I'd have to disagree that learning a diverse range of industry skills will necessarily benefit you professionally. From my experience (on both sides of the interviewers desk), people are tired of hearing that an individual is supposedly a guru at everything. A focused, plausible, professional skill-set is far better than the dreaded "jack of all trades, master of none" moniker.

Experience of lots of aspects of the industry is a very good thing - just know where your strengths lie and develop them to their full potential!

Ambassador of Style
    Milan: yes. It differs according to the working environment though. If a corporation wants to hire you - generally they'll want to get the best ROI they can - the most bang for the buck. Interactive agencies and freelance/contract work is the exact opposite. They want someone with a small, STRONG skillset.

-A02