A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I need help with some katakana symbols!

Hey, can anyone out there please help me I would like to use some katakana in my site and drawings but I am not sure which symbols correlate to which letters. If anyone can help me out or point me to a link that would be great

I just did a search for a katakana chart and came up with plenty of links, finding a good chart should be no problem... http://hem.passagen.se/bomark/japanska/katakana.html looks pretty good to me. There's also a few rules you should know if you're going to converting English into katakana, like a small tsu character doubles the next consonant sound, and use a dash to double the preceding vowel sound. (Maybe you already know this, I'm just trying to be helpful with what little knowledge I actually have ) Can't think of any other ones right now.

hey thank you!!! I will give that a shot. Plus thanks for the info, I wish that I had time to take some japanese courses, all of my time was spent on sign language instead

Wow, great link, GOTL.
    I've seen Katakana charts before, bu tthis is the first I've seen which shows you stroke order. Very nice.
    http://www.japanese-online.com/ is also a pretty good resource for learning Japanese in general, as well as the written language (Lesson 6, I believe)

otherwise mugen what words are you looking for if the are only some few words i could try to translate....
    a hole text would get difficult
    well lets see if i can help
    [Edited by Reen on 08-10-2000 at 10:34 AM]