A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A masking problem...if you know how to mask, then you may figure out my problem.

Ok. This is going to be long to describe, so please bear with me. I have a few different things that maybe somehow need to be masked, and I guess I just haven't found the right array for them yet. I have 2 movie clips, a couple of inches apart on different layers. then, on another layer, i have another thing, but its not a movie clip, or graphic, its broken apart, with a shape tween instead of a brightness tween like the other two. So...I have a circle that I made...(black outside grey inside)...and "blankets." All three of the things that I mentioned earlier, the two movie clips and one other thing, are all red, and my movie has a white background. Idealy, I want that when this circle passes over one of the red things, the part that it's passing over will be revealed, and in the meantime, all the rest of it will be in hiding. I have made "blankets," that are just white lines, 2 points thicker then the movie clips and other thing, so I have three blankets, all on the same layer, covering all of the red things. The blankets are white. Although I am not expert with flash, I am not a complete beginner, and I am assuming most people wont be able to get this...but PLEASE! I have been working on this for 40 minutes, and i have come up with nada. I can't match what I want. If you have any more questions on my problem, or what I want it to be able to do, please email me, instead of posting, or you can post if you want, because I will be checking it often, or at jj1186@aol.com. Just once more, so there should be five different layers that you want I want to arrange.

Blankets
    red thing 1
    red thing 2
    red thing 3
    circle (which by the way, is broken apart)

You may find a way that I dont need blankets, so then its only 4 layers to mask some way.

Just to let people know, I AM USING FLASH 4.
    Once again, thanks so much!

This is the third time you have posted this question.
    If someone can or will help, they will do it... you don't have to post multiple requests.
    Just wait for someone to try and figure out your problem.