A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: God Damn This Is Good

Smile

This site is one of the greatest sites in the world
    check it out but be warned don't bother if u have a 56k modem
    http://www.tripledash.com

Pretty cool. Very impressive intergration of video and flash. Haven't seen it done this well before.

Talking

very impressive, and the fact that it´s danish makes it even cooler !!

+thewham
    Yet another cool website...i've added this to my fav's

Wow

I love the drawn backdrops - fantastic integration of scenes...

WooHoo....

But yeah, run dial ups run...

Really Good! How do they do that? The video I mean.

JJ

I think they used the "trace bitmap" feature in Flash. I´ve done a little test here:

http://www.crosswinds.net/~wii/test.swf

Originally posted by JJserious
    Really Good! How do they do that? The video I mean.

JJ

Trace bitmap...

Where is this feature - every once in a blue moon I get the idea that I'd like to try to use it, and then I look for it for four seconds, and then my little pea brain moves on to something simpler...

What menu? Where? Who? Huh?

In Flash 5 look for: modify > trace bitmap, but lots of things needs to be done first.

what I did for my short testmovie is importing the original quicktime movie into adobe imageready, then saving each frame as individual pics (named 1-25 or whatever), importing these pics into flash will automatically create the animation, after that playing with the trace bitmap feature makes it look more or less cartoonish...it can be very cool, but takes some time to do.

http://www.crosswinds.net/~wii/trace_bitmap_feature.htm
    [Edited by wii on 06-02-2001 at 06:57 PM]

Oh cool!

I'm assuming I can do it with static frames too?

I'll give that a go....

Thanks wii

Flash Kayaker
    it seems they traced the video single frames using very "close to real" tracing parameters (treshold:100 area:10 etc.)... This way they generated a large number of vector objects... This situation slow down the palyback on computers with low clock and low ram.
    (I had minimal problem even on a PIII 866 / 128Mb Ram)

The nav system is pretty poor, anyway they did an impressive design work (backgrounds, vector->bitmap transition etc.), and a good audio implementation

Well considering the fact that they used director rather than flash (shockwave file), this would have allowed them to easily import a highly compressed video file which they then called upon to play slightly transparent over top of their backgrounds. The whole process is quite simple as long as you have a decent blue screen. I found this website more annoying (compressed video files still take forever to load on the web) and cheesy than anything.

Brad

RIDER
    it takes too long , most people are not ready for this, it looks good though

Get Squared Away.
    Yes, very innovative site. I haven't seen anything quite like it yet, but I'm sure more will follow. Although, I don't believe it was used with the trace bitmap feature. Actually, I"m sure it wasn't. That dude talking wasn't vector at all. He was imported as a series of frames, placed in a movie clip, then the movie clip was set to an opacity of like 80. But wow, what an effect!

Innovative criticism

Great creativity using the video and audio. The only criticism I have is that whenever you go to another part of the site, the audio from the section you are leaving keeps playing. I believe it would be better to tell the audio to stop and begin playing the next. Other than that, great work.