A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with get URL function

ok, this is the first time this happens to me and i have absolutely no clue whatsoever is happening. Ok, so i registered a hearme voice chat thing to put on my webpage. So i made a html file named chat.html with the hearme code and uploaded it to my ftp. Now what i did is I assigned a get URL to one of my buttons to open that window in a popup window... but nothing was working... at first.. i tought i wasnt doing the JavasriptPopwindow properly... but then i realized (while adding the script in the <HEAD> of my HTML) that when i would publish my movie.... there was nothing in the section "URL's used in this movie"....

after 2 hours, i finally gave up and i have no clue what i have to do... any help please???

I get the feeling that your making this seem harder than it is....but I could be completely wrong with my interpretation

I'm assuming that your action script for your button looks something like this:

On (release)
    Get url ("http://www.yourwebsite.com/chat.html)
    End On

It should be very close anyways. Now if you highlight the Get url command line, select what type of pop-up you want (parent, window...blah, blah)

If I took your message wrong, my apologies

DOA

FK Slacker
    If you are trying to call a Javascript function to launch the window, check out this link for a detailed explanation...

http://www.moock.org/webdesign/flash...avascript.html

Cheers,

K.

omg... wtf... my flash simply wont let me do a link ......

even with no java popup window... in a new normal window... it wont let me do it.. i tried reinstalling flash... and its still the same ****.. im desperate

if you want you can send me the .fla @ dhalro@hotmail.com and i'll take a look for you

take my ICQ in my profile and ICQ me

I tend to always ask the obvious first: You did place this action on an instance of the button and not within the button itself, correct?

No offense. I was just looking for another possible reason for the "inactive" button.

Hope that helps,
    Rick