A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Windows/Fonts Problems

Hey,...I just deleted an s-load of fonts and I have maybe
    200 something fonts installed now and I have ones that I've
    dowloaded that it still won't let me install.I know that there has to be a problem here cause there should be enough
    room now for a measely 5 or 6 new fonts.This is ridiculous,...
    So basically I'm just curious as to what I should attempt
    to do to solve this problem...I took out some MS crap and when I did the fonts for Windows are all f-ed up.I didn't totally delete them and have sinced placed them on my Desktop to drop back into Fonts,but it won't intstall anything new!
    Please,...someone give me enlightenment...

what do u mean by "it won't let me install"? what exactly happens? does it just not work, do you get an error message?

Hi Squink,...I appreciate your help,patience and the fact you haven't told me to piss off yet with all my Fonts problems.I really just don't understand why a simple task
    like downloading,unzipping,and then dragging and dropping
    a font (TTF) into the FOnts folder completely does't work
    and has since taken two days of my life and thrown them in the trash.When I go to drag back any of the TTF's I have
    outside the Win./FOnts folder,it says it "Can't install them cause there are too many fonts installed,or the font file may be damaged" I have less than 200 fonts in there now,and I know I can store alot more than that.Here's something though,when I was taking the fonts out and moving them,I took out some MS ones that upon removing them,changed
    my Windows OS look,now my computer looks weird unless I'm on
    a web page and I can't read e-mails now unless I get them in a reply window...so s- is f-ed up.But I didn't delete them and have since put them back in the Fonts folder,but
    nothing changed after reboot.Is that a sign that they aren't
    really in there,...and that's why the other ones don't show up in other programs,cause they aren't REALLY installed even though their file icons and names appear in the FONTS folder? Am I insane or is that ridiculous...

Sounds like you're in a bit of a mess!!!!

How did you initially delete the fonts?