A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please, someone, anyone.

I have a really stupid question. I am developing a site with only Flash(4), and I am trying to transition the scenes with an alpha fade and in&out animation.

The problem I am having is making the transition play and opening the new scene.

I have the first scene with 7 frames in it and a stop on the first one within it's own layer. I have different layers for each of the three objects that are tweened off of the canvas from stopped frame1 to frame7.

How do I play all 7 frames for the out transition and load the next scene?

I think this has got to be a stupid question, because it just seems it should be simple to do. I am sure it is.

Thank you for any help,

chromaHoen

FK Slacker
    Hi...

If the transition is a user driven event, place a button on the stage and add this action to it:

On (Release)
    Begin Tell Target ("/")
    Go To and Play (2)
    End Tell Target

Hope this helps,

K.

I appreciate your reply, but all that did was play the next frame. I want to play the next couple of frames from 2 and goto the next scene.

Do you have anything for me that can do that?

if you have a stop action on every keyframe in your first scene then you will have to remove them in order to achive the effect you are looking for. If you send me your fla and a more detailed description of the effect you are trying to achive then I will fix it up and send it back to you. Just let me know and I will post my email addy.

Should the transition between scenes be automatic, or user-input driven? If they are automatic, just make sure that they are in the correct order in the scene inspector; then they will run through automatically. Otherwise Tell Target is the best bet. Make sure that in the last frame of each scene, you include the 'goto and play' <<whatever scene you want>> Anything more and I'd need more information

alpha

Creat movieclips from your objects, place them on the stage and place in the actionslayer of your movieclips the actions which you like.

So 1 MC with object 1 (can be tweened alpha fade in and out) and place in last frame action go to scene 2.

otherwise sent me the fla. to solve it because your descrition of your problem is very small.

regards
    Dingeling\The Netherlands

The advice I have gotten so far is to use the Tell Target. I don't really know how to let the rest of the original scene play and then address the next or another scene with the tell target action.

I have nav buttons along the top that are common amongst all scenes. What I want transitioned are buttons, text symbols and image symbols on a "homepage", the first scene in the movie after the ploader.

I want each of them to fade to alpha0 and move in different directions from each other off of the stage. The next called scene will move onto the stage and fade to alpha100.

let me know if you need the .fla.

You all rock for helpin' me.

FK Slacker
    Hi...

Try this...

1. Set up the transition sequence at the end of your homepage. Place a stop action on the frame immediately before it. Now place a label on the first frame of the transition sequence and call it "transition".

2. In each of your buttons, set the following actions:
    On (Release)
    Set Variable "/:scene"=one
    Tell Target ("/")
    Go To and Play "transition"
    End Tell Target
    End On

Change the value of the scene variable in each button to reflect where you wnt it to go...

3. On the last frame of your transition sequence, place the frame action:
    Go To and Play (/:scene)

Make sure the radio button is set to Expression, and enter /:scene in the Expression field

4. Select the first frame of each scene you want to go to and add the corresponding label ie: "one"

Let me know if you need further details...

Hope this helps...

K.

Dude, you rule. I am saving this page so when I am done with the site I will show you guys how you helped me.

Thank you. Keep them coming though in case anyone else can put in their two cents.

Thanks,

chromaHoen