hey hey

I am trying to send some evaluated variables from one swf to another. Now I can do this with SWF/PHP, that's easy, so I thought I should be able to work out how to do it SWF to SWF...

So I have a base SWF ("current.swf") which, say, asks for a persons name. The textfield variable is called name.
Now I want to send this variable "name" to another movie that is loaded on a button press ("next.swf").
So I do the loadMovie bit and that loads up the movie I want. I have a textfield which is called "name" so I can display the entered name.

I've tried loading the vars to the main timeline and to a movie clip. I've jiggled round with the targets and levels also but to no avail.
When I check the "list variables" it shows nothing being sent from "current.swf" to "next.swf"

After reading the sparse documentation about variables in loadMovie actions in the Macromedia help section, I am led to believe though that the loadMovie action gets the variables from the loaded movie ("next.swf" in my case.)???

Can anyone offer insight? I thought it'd be easier than sending em via a PHP script!

le_saut

and why doesn't Mmedia have a sendVariables action? it's counter intuitive to send variables with a loadVariable command??!