A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Adobe Live Motion is Better Than Flash

Not really. Was just wondering if anyone has actually ever used Live Motion. I have not. I know it sucks anyway but just wanted some experienced viewpoints.

Live Motion sucks. If you dont have the money for flash, then I guess it can be useful. Its funny, if you go to Adobes website, they have this page that talks about why they think Live Motions is better than Flash. It makes me laugh! Their reasons are so rediculous.
    Everybody check out this link:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/livemo...mvsflash2.html

hahahaha!
    Brad

Thodya,

Live motion exports as .swf, and relies on the flash plugin to operate.

While Live Motion has some nice features and a semi-intuitive interface, it is not nearly as scaleable as Flash.

I went to a free Apple seminar in Hollywood that demonstrated Live Motion. At this point it is a waste of money.
    Here are some of the problems that I saw with it:
    It publishes Flash 3 format
    You cannot import other flash movies into it
    You cannot import paths
    It doesn't recognize actionscript and doesn't have any type of programable scripting language for control
    It has no trace bitmap
    There are very few support sites like Flashkit for it
    It's ability to have JavaScript talk to the movie is very limited if not non-existant.

There were lots of other problems with it, that I can't really recall.

Live Motion is VERY dissapoining, considering that the majority of their other products are the best in the industry.

while I agree that flash is still by far the industry standard, i don't think that the list of reasons livemotion is better is laughable. Macromedia could learn from that list. It's still ridiculous how flash handles objects. That's laughable.

Livemotion has a ways to go before it can compete with flash, but for beginners i could see them learning more easily on livemotion than flash.

Macromedia needs to take some pointers from its critics. I waste too much time on it's counterintuitive style.

PEACE

I agree. Macromedia seems to ignor a lot of users requests to improve their software. If you think Macromedia isn't very good at addressing user issues, when releasing new versions, try looking at Director's history.

Macromedia needs to take a lesson from Adobe's policy of listening to their customers, and releasing new versions with several upgrades that address their user's requests.

Originally posted by greenplasticcup
    while I agree that flash is still by far the industry standard, i don't think that the list of reasons livemotion is better is laughable. Macromedia could learn from that list. It's still ridiculous how flash handles objects. That's laughable.

Livemotion has a ways to go before it can compete with flash, but for beginners i could see them learning more easily on livemotion than flash.

Macromedia needs to take some pointers from its critics. I waste too much time on it's counterintuitive style.

PEACE

Greenplasticcup,
    From looking at that list on Adobe's site, especially the one on LiveMotion being more object based than Flash, their reasons are laughable! They're saying that LiveMotion is better because every object you draw on the stage is automatically placed on its own layer. WHile this may be easy for newbies, it seems to leave out a lot of possiblities when creating vector art. What if I want two objects on the same layer? They're saying Flash is so difficult because you have to convert to symbols. Wow. f8 is really hard to press!!
    I mean, the sole fact that you cant control your movie with script and that LiveMotion relies on the Flash Plugin should say enough.

its nice to know im using the best of the best in macromedia flash