A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE ARTIFICIAL INTELLEGENCE?

Dont say how, because i would not understand actionscripting. please just say if it is possible or not, and if it is, try to describe in words how: e.g. if i was asking about a preloader, you could say, it checks to see if the last frame of the last scene is complete. try to give an english explanation of AI for flash. thanks.

Yes

well, it is very possible to make an AI in flash. I am working on one now: http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=158113

in words, this AI keeps testing the distance (in pixils) between itself and another object. in this game, the other object is called "hero". now, since it can be in 4 different places around the enemy (AI)[up/down/left/right] it testes for these four places. if the enemy's position is diffrerent than the heros position, the enemy is told to increase/decrease his _x/_y position to compensate.

in my script it takes it a little further. the enemy also tests if the hero is within a certain distance, if he is, then it stops. this way the enemy wont hover directly above the hero, he will stay within a few pixils (50-100)of the hero.

sorry if that's complicated, but that's as simple as "I" can put it.

the great Mad-Sci is writing a AI-tutorial on how to let your enemy move randomly
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=140589

but the best way to get help is that you post here what kind of AI you need. (eg. movement, fighting, ...)

cheers, ^1letser