A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with forms

Hello. Can anyone help me incorporate a form into a flash movie, with the fields validated and sent to my e-mail? I have one in Javascript that does this, but I want one in Flash. Any help on this subject would be much appreciated. Cheers.

flash form email

I'm currently trying to get email to work from flash via the mailto URL. I can't format the body of the message very well. I want to have simple fields that the recipient can complete then mail back. such as Name: Position: Company: etc but on seperate lines. So far no joy. As far as forms from flash go I have a prog called SWF Studio from http://www.northcode.com that has a SMTP mail client built in and you can use dynamic text fields to send an email from a form. Its only for projectors though... I wonder if I could get my mailto URL to work with a flash form instead to format the body of the email?? hmm I'll have to start trying that next.

I'm sure there is an easy solution. In the Flash 5 Actionscript manual there is a walkthrough for a search form, but no e-mail form. I am going to look at it tonight, I don't have the time just now.

It's quite easy to set up input text fields that send to a mailto on a button release, its the format of the stuff it sends that is bugging me!

I used the CGI script from the Idiots guide...HTML book. Do you think I could use that to format the data? Validation is also needed. Like, if I press submit, a field is not filled in, an alert pops up. Any ideas?

Hi there,

I think NETbreed has got what you want - just pay a visit to scripting & backend forum and follow the link from his footer
    The actual form will be in flash, so no mail client is involved (unlike a half-filled mail body, you can use this approach at an internet cafe)

Musicman

Thanks, Musicman.