If some of you remember Josh Davis's .swf from 2000/Feb/08 I'm trying to do a similar thing, but it's supposed to be a navigation system on a site, and I'm working on the _y axis. The problem though is that my buttons are WITHIN the movie clips that run around the screen in such a way, that once I press one it runs for a position on top of the screen and the others fall to the bottom (I'm just using an easy difference between current pos and a fixed position divided by 4 or 5 to slow it down in the end). That seems to be no problem for the first time, but as I press the others, what I would like to happen is that the topmost one falls to the bottom and the one I pressed goes up to the top - so far the only meet half the way and seem to stop there (- which is kind of strange as I'm using a three frame loop within the movie clip to test its position, and it shouldn't stop until it's three pixels or less near to the fixed position it's seeking and should stop there, i.e. in the fixed position) - SOOO I tried to swap the instance out for another one once it's in its position and use a different script once it's in its place(just attached a new instance of a new symbol with different script on the same place and then removed the instance that was there). To test this, I just put an easy rollOver/rollOut script to test if the new instance was there and that seemed to be working but not the rest of the script... So since rollOver/rollOut seemed to work I tried startDrag/stopDrag which is just failing... The instance is loaded into _level1, so I'm wondering if there is a problem for me addressing the instances that should move, i.e. whether I should address them with _level0 or something, AND as well I'm wondering why my startDrag/stopDrag won't work at all...

If anyone can help I would highly appreciate it, the .fla is ready to be mailed and all...

cheers!

hrannar