A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: text with links inside

Hi brothers!

I'm developing flash site, and there is a lot of text to be loaded from files. Is there any workarounds to place links into text? What I can do now is to place buttons with Get Url() action, but its hard to know the exact place (x,y) of word in the text loaded from file (i think this solution is wrong). Another way is to place all urls near the text, but it is not so good. Any ideas on this topic?

Regards

Unfortunately, It is seems impossible to automatically include hyperlinks to text fields.

I can suggest You to combine flash and HTML in Your site,
    for example, put permanent flash framing to the separate frames and use individual frame to display text information.

Thnaks Konstantin, its a pity you confirmed that it is impossible.
    As I tryed to do site fully in flash and all the work is almost done I can't split it into separate parts to use frames (html+flash) .
    Is it possible to embed html into flash 4 as inside frame?

Oh how I wish to have flash 5 .

Dear Rolling!

You can try to use <iframe> in IE and <layer> in NN
    to embed html to the page, but You'll have a lot of problem with compability and different screen resolutions.

Senior Moderator
    Flash 5 is released in about a month,you can import html documents and use hyperlinks etc.. in there!!!

I suggest you wait for that(unless its urgent in which case i will write you a script that parses the contents of the textfile for url's using substrings)

Let me know!??!

Regards Flashguru

Smile

FlashGuru it is rather urgent matter as always (i have a week or two), and I wud appreciate your assistance, if you cud send me the workaroud. For your convenience you can give just hints and I will do all scripting job by myself.