A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: rotating menu

Hi everyone, im looking for some help. im using a rotating menu on my site, which i got from a tutorial from this site.if anyones familiar with it you maybe able to help me. basically the menu spins depending on where the cursor is on the movie so if the mouse is in the top half of the movie it spins up,and the same for down. it also enlarges if you go closer to the menu. this is what i want to stop. i want the spinning menu but i dont want it to enlarge.im very new to this actionscipt so all help would be appreciated. you can see what ive done so far on the front end of my site.
    http://www.purplesquare.net
    its very new and doesnt have much on it but watch this space for the future.
    also there a forum on my site which you can register, just like here,and you can post messages there so give it a go.

thanks in advance

melv

I had the same problem lately. I think the problem is in this: Rotating menu doesn't have same width and length so it shrinks and enlarges by itself (when it is rotating it is loosing or gaining some of his size). My problem was in shrinking, but i think it is basicly the same thing. My solution was that i made my clip same width and hight. Maybe you should try this too.

Boris

hello mate not sure what you mean as my movie being the circular menu is the same widht and height cause its a circle. ?????

Yes, but is this circle all there is in your mc? Maybe other elements make it asimetric (just guessin').