A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

open lgx still hasnt come out yet? hmm.. will it ever come out.. still waiting, still doubting. peace

right now they seem to have lost a member who sabatoged the server or something...at first i was very hopeful for this prog, then i was ok and patient, but now i don't know... considering that not many ppl have actually seen the beta, and the conincidences, ill only believe it know until i actually have it. best of luck to the team if it's for real, and if not... too bad

is on their site at the minute. Can someone who was at FlashForward please tell us what their presentation was about?
    Flashguru - as you are a moderator here can you let us know if you really did get any software? If it works? How much of it works? Do you have more than 2 screen shots?

From the posts here it looks like this program promises the world, but doesn't deliver. Flash is the only reason that I don't ditch windows all together, so a linux swf creator seems amazing!

But something doesn't feel right about all this. Who funds this? Who is behind it? (For all the features this program promises it must have a large team of programmers behind it) Why is this professional persons posts full of grammatical and spelling errors?

I know I'm being a little down on this project, but all I've seen from it so far is a few HTML pages! I haven't even seen these black and white screen shots!

Update!
    Ok I've been told by some close friends (who I trust!) that this software is real! They are just dogged by problems at the minute.

So bear with them people, this is quite possibly the future of flash.

M
    [Edited by Markp.com on 07-24-2001 at 11:13 PM]

wow - this is getting more and more exciting, has got the makings of the next hollywood blockbuster - suspense, intrigue, 'rogue' action, legal haggles and lots of rumours flying around

still keeping my fingers crossed anyway...

what I was wondering though - if it is an open source project, how come they are not releasing the code? or is it a normal step to release the code only after the first version is released?

would be great to have a new piece of software like this - for once, we would all be beginners again, starting out at the same spot and being able to discover all the tricks and tweaks...

- n.

OpenLGX

Ummm .. they don't strike me as a terribly professional bunch.

Last time I looked at their site it had the F-word on the
    home page, and now it says "Dave was kind enough to disable
    our servers the morning of our release" and "we were locked
    out of a few of our own machines".

This is not the kind of thing a company should tell people about.

Having been through six months of beta testing with SWiSH 2,
    I can guarantee you OpenLGX will be buggy as hell. The only
    way to produce robust, reliable software is to have thousands
    of people hammer it for months on end. We started tracking
    bugs properly back in mid-May, and since then we've fixed 245
    bugs.

Cheers, David.

Re: OpenLGX

David.... you're alive!!!

That's exactly the message I was trying to pass on, 90 days for a full Flash replacement with hundreds of additions????

And then looking for investors when the company (but is it a Company?) has already all that legal troubles before they even release something?

Cheers,
    Lev

Re: Re: OpenLGX

Originally posted by Leviathan
    David.... you're alive!!!
    That's exactly the message I was trying to pass on, 90 days for a full Flash replacement with hundreds of additions????
    And then looking for investors when the company (but is it a Company?) has already all that legal troubles before they even release something?
    Cheers,
    Lev
    They have some very high aims, I'm not sure if they were all promised for the first release either.

I guess we all have to just sit and wait

Guys,
    They are not looking to kill Flash. They have just been trying to give people the improvements that Macromedia gives you in 4 or 5 different pieces of software into one. Do you actually think that Macromedia "doesnt have the ability" to put that stuff in Flash in 3 months? Your wrong, thats what they have Generator and Director and Fireworks, and other software titles for. Its all about the money! I have nothing against Macromedia, but Arthur is just looking out for the Flash Community and giving us everything listed in the Flash 6 Wishlist.

As for the bug issue, I am sure they know that there will be bugs in the first release, thats part of every software, but hey, how can you beat FREE????? Plus its Open Source, so if you know what you are doing you could fix it yourself, or just tell them and they will fix it.

Josh Dura

well, in the end these are all speculations (not quite, but I have to desist, better things to do than talk about vaporware), but one thing I learnt for sure from reading all these messages about OpenLgx, is that to sell things and turn people into believers you just need a couple of pictures... what a nice world!

Cheers,
    Lev

There are pictures in the FFNY Book they gave out. I will scan them when I get home and put them up here

Josh Dura

i havent been following this discussion, what is openglx about?

Originally posted by gurdas
    Well you could read through the thread and find out.

Josh Dura

Originally posted by gurdas
    Read the thread stoopid!

well, in the end these are all speculations (not quite, but I have to desist, better things to do than talk about vaporware), but one thing I learnt for sure from reading all these messages about OpenLgx, is that to sell things and turn people into believers you just need a couple of pictures... what a nice world!

Cheers,
    Lev
    I still haven't seen these photos! Send them to meeeee someone please!

Now now Mark, you arent going to get anyone to hurry by whining! SHUT UP! hahhahaha

Josh Dura

Originally posted by Markp.com

Cheers,
    Lev
    I still haven't seen these photos! Send them to meeeee someone please!
    Mark, check out FlashMagazine for an article on OpenLGX. I wonder how they'll feel about covering the story if it really is vaporware?
    Oh, BTW... the story is under the "Previous Articles" section.

Jabez

Originally posted by JabezStone
    Mark, check out
    FlashMagazine
    for an article on OpenLGX.
    Ahh!!! Amazing thanks!

If you can't see them they are here:
    http://www.flashmagazine.com/f5img/fm_01.gif
    http://www.flashmagazine.com/f5img/fm_02.gif

(Doesn't look very impressive)

I have the beta downloader now so I'm going to keep trying with that?!

Anyone else have some new information?

M

No, but now that you posted those pictures all big like it does look as if the interface is improbable- Then again Chrom-Os's interface looked improbable also.

Cross-reference:

Scam: OpenLGX - We were fooled

http://www.flashguru.co.uk/000118.php

dead link for me.