A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Get involved - FLASH.project.3d_(rpg)

binaryhit

resolved [RESOLVED] Get involved - FLASH.project.3d_(rpg)

Continuation from thread id:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=151287

Check out http://psychotiq.com

Under contruction

ta for moving the the thread, 8 pages was HUGE!

the website is good, i await the content with baited breath!

hey to everyone affiliated with ENCHANTMENT or those just joining the project...

good luck,
    Dr_Funfrock

http://www.gamesandjokes.co.uk
    http://www.surfsure.co.uk/rpg

binaryhit

Smile www.psychotiq.com

Cheers,

Wish you'd get involved Funfrock! I tell you the stuff were doing is wicked, 3d particle systems, 70,000 sides @ 15/18 fps with 3d graphics card. Very cool! Multi-player environment, this game will be handeling 4 plays simultaneously, miva side scripts, cgi/php logins and database management, Hey the graphics honestly run like an N64. With as many polys.

You would be proud! lol

I will keep you informed on it's progress but when we get some cool ***** online going, I'll let you all know!

//Gary

hi

i have just joined and was wondering how i could help i am quite good with action scripts and have improved the movement in the fla on fun_frock's web site but i am not so god with images.

hey Veryevil I remember you from somewhere. don't know from where but I've seen your name already.
    Join the club

updated my footer a bit (to this new topic + site included)
    I think everybody on the project has to set up a footer. that way we will attrackt some great flashers.

here the code I've used:
    (hope this works)

to add this to your footer, go to the top of this page and click on myFK. then click on modify your profile. and there you just cope and paste this code to the signature box.

btw: have time today to do some scripting. maybe the battle system ???

cheers, ^1letser

as you can see, the code didn't get trough.
    I will explain a little bit

use [ ] to start a tag (like in html < >)
    place [ first then url="http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=161381" then ]then the text here then [ / url ]

no spaces

RPG Game

Hey guys, I have used Flash Kit for a long time, but haven't paid much attention to the boards. Too busy working . I just cruised the threads about this RPG game you guys are building, it sounds amazing, be sure to let me know when its finished (luke.reimer@sympatico.ca).

I have a back-shelf interest in RPG games, they are my favorite. I have a few downloads on my computing, including some tools involved in creating them. Nothing complicated, Character Creators, stats, exp., ect. If and when you get to the stage where you need characters to choose from drop me a line I might have a few ideas on the back burner. With this character creator I have, there are basically 6 races. Simple, easy to use, I find it useful.

Dwarf
    Elf
    Gnome
    Half-Elf
    Halfing
    Human

There are 8 classes that the character can be:

Figher
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Mage
    Cleric
    Druid
    Thief
    Bard

The stats are such as this:

Strength
    Dexterity
    Constitution
    Intelligence
    Wisdom
    Charisma

You can even choose their allignments:

Attitude:

Lawful
    Neutral
    Chaotic

Moral Outlook:

Good
    Neutral
    Evil

--------------

I have played around with having different levels. When you earn a certain amount of exp. points you gain a level. To gain exp. points you could win fights, have bonuses and secrets, etc. When you gain a level, your skill increases, until you are at level 10, which could be very high and almost unbeatable. As you advance levels, the opponents could advance too.

What do you think about all this.
    If you are not lazy, then e-mail me, I am very busy and I probably wont check here again if ever in the next month or weeks.

-Luke

hey people,

first of all, I didn't get to any actionscripting yesterday because FK was down all afternoon and I didn't know the sites url to get the latest fla.
    (FK is down a lot lately)

spinach_is_tasty , do you have any examples of your characters ?? I would love to see them.

as for the rest, (don't know who is make the website now) I think we should place the fla somewhere safe on the website because everybody can get them (see post of Veryevil)
    I don't think we can let this happen.
    and another thing, since the fla's are getting larger and larger, can we all upload files to the server? this would be very usefull, otherwise I have to upload my changes to my webspace, then Dr_funfrock has to download them and upload them again to the server.

and euh Dr_funfrock, my name is letser and not lester
    (many people spell it wrong, so don't feel down or something.)

^1letser

Behp,
    I just downloaded the big fla and am now working a bit on the battle system. could you please tell me where you set the drag function for the arrows ??
    (I mean the arrows when you click and drag the map drags and the direction is shown with the arrows)

let me tell you all what I have done, I downloaded the really big fla (with battle system + isomectric engine) and looked how whe could get a collision detection between our character and te enemy so it would go to the battle scene.
    First of all, I got the whole battle system to the scene with the engine. for some unknow reason the script didn't go to the second scene on a 'hit'.
    So I added a layer with the battle movieclip (Oh yeah I made the battle engine in one movieclip)
    next I got the battle engine running when the avarter moved over the sand square (look at the isomectric world, there is a cube that has a sand texture over it)

now this all works, the only thing is I can't pick any characters (in battle system) because as soon as I click the arrows (by behp) show up, so I need to undo that, but I don't know where the code for these arrows are situated.

pfffieuw, another thing. I know I allways post really long texts but that's because I don't know english that good to put my minds in shorter words
    Also don't look at my enlish mistakes !!!! (I know I make plenty faults)

hope to hear from you soon behp
    greetz, ^1letser

resolved Character Example

Letser, I have to go back to school very soon, my lunch break is almost over.

Here is a character example:

Name: Avidas
    Clas: Paladin
    Alignment: Neutral / Good
    Race: Human
    Level: 7
    Strength: 14
    Dexterity: 11
    Constitution: 12
    Intelligence: 7
    Wisdom: 7
    Charisma: 15

There you go! Back to school, catch you guys later.

Oh, and one more thing, where can I download what you have so far? as in a url? Thanks!

-Luke

resolved Character Example

Oh, and one more thing, where can I download what you have so far? as in a url? Thanks!

-Luke

P.S. I keep getting an invalid post message, can I fix that? I am losing some posts....

-Luke

P.S. I keep getting an invalid post message, can I fix that? I am losing some posts....

getting your post count up

no I know the problem, if you click on submit reply, the script tells you that you have entered an invalid url.
    don't mind that, your post has still been posted.

the url of our site is in my footer.

about your characters, I know see what you mean. but I thought you had some kind of supergenerator that could draw a character (so evil will result in long nails, ....)

^1letser

look at what i found

http://www.rpgtsukuru.com/hosted/rm2k/index.htm

this is a RPG Maker it rocks and is dead easy i know it is not flash but it may help as it use the same sort fo GFX as the battle thingy try the RTP pack it has tons of stuff BRILL

look

LOOK

the program (4.7MB)
    http://stifu.free.fr/Download/Rm2k/RM2K_107E.zip

the pack full of pics, music, people and tons more(12MB)
    http://www.babeloueb.com/youpimon/RTPe.exe

lester dont worry about finding the function...
    I added a flag to turn it off... I placed it on the buttons of the interface just go into the actions of any of the buttons and check where I set something to false or 0...

Just remember to turn it back on when the battle is over...

Im working whenever I have time on the Website...

the linking between the battle system and the isometric engine is done. the battle system works properly (most of the code is in flash 4 script)
    you can start the battle engine by 'walking' over the sand-cube.

I also changed the action for the movement of the character to onClipEvent (keyDown)
    with enterframe it will do the movement two times.
    please update this bug on all versions because I've already mentioned it ones but it still pops up in fla's.

http://users.pandora.be/maryse.odeur...and_battle.fla
    http://users.pandora.be/maryse.odeur...and_battle.swf

The transition is ok...
    But the movement of the avatar is very slugish...
    Also wouldnt it be better if we put our own graphics and animations on the battle system?

Ive just looked over the code of the battle "system"...

And its not really a system... a system/engine must be dynamic so you can input it diferent values (like the number of enemys or allies, etc...) This battle "system" has a frame for each monster and allie so to make diferent battles you need to make a MC for each battle... This will be very very long and tiresome, After I finish the website I will make a better battle system, unless anyone else does that before... or that everyone wish to keep with the current battle system...

P.S - I think everyone is moving forward too fast when we barely have anything... We need textures, critters, scenery(trees and stuff), etc...

P.P.S - The good news is once I finish the designing part of the website the HTML and coding with be done in less than a weak...

Ok... I rendered the menubar part...

http://behp2.tripod.com/preview_temp.jpg

The menu items will be carved into the pillar's top with torches lighting them...
    there will be a ceilling on the pillars (the will be a semillar pillar on the right as well... (kind of the temple of the master creature... Guiding the user into the game..)

Plz tell me what you think....

P.S-For some reason the link wont work so just right click on the link and "SAVE TARGET AS..."
    [Edited by behp on 06-21-2001 at 09:35 AM]