A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Get involved - FLASH.project.3d_(rpg)

if u got a trailer done.... WHERE IS IT binaryhit ?!
    The story is the best preview to a game. Check out WarCraft 3 for example.

PS> the good and evil stories are for little children ! please dont tell me you got one of those.

There isnt a game/movie/story in the world that is a "good and evil" thing in one way or another...

hi you guys,

I'm back
    just wanted to let you know

^1letser

Here is an update on the website design... Im about to finish the rendering... and start coding the HTML...

http://ceti.macam.ac.il/sebs/preview_temp01.jpg

Im thinking of putting a long flag on the leftside and making the menu text painted on the flag...

Plz tell me what you think...

Hi Behp,

looks great, are you going to use this pic as a background ??
    Can't wait to see what you are going to do with the site

oohhh, even if you see this post don't expect to get any email notifications in your inbox because the email script isn't working lately !

cheers, ^1letser

one more thing, in the games forum some guys where making plans to start a group project on a game. I gave them this url so maybe they will join on this project

binaryhit
    The group project has been started at http://psychotiq.com The site isn't finnished yet but will be up and running soon and you can see what the project is about. You can email any questions or comments about it to mailto:webmaster@psychotiq.com. You can also join to get into restricted areas totally free.

//Gary

binaryhit
    I also checked out the site and found someone changed the text on the into I made. In doing this they caused the text on one of the pages to cut some text off!!!

binaryhit
    I noticed Dr_funfrock said about webspace, Why not upload to a free provider, then just link from the main website, then there's no bandwidth problem! Also I think the idea of another into being produced is cool and should be done.

//Gary

I finished the design and Im making the menu bar...

here are the sections I have so far:

1) Home - Main page with news and updates...
    2) Story - Shows the story of the game...
    3) Characters - Shows the main characters and creature types of the game...
    4) Downloads - Files for downloads...

Please post any sugestions for more sections if you have any...

i aint disappeared - just waiting for the email notifications (i thought this project was truely dead (sob) ut i am relieved to see ppl have been posting!).

Erm BEHP can we have a URL for your site please, I dont think you gave us one, just the link to the rendered background?

Gary, u got any more progress with Shockwave? I'd like to see your results.

Letser, I saw that group post in the games forum, and I just advertised my site a bit.

Cya
    Dr_Funfrock

I just finished the site layout...
    here is the link...

http://ceti.macam.ac.il/sebs/website/index.html

I need some ideas on more sections...

and please tell me what you think...

it looks great behp.

why not have a (rules/terms/conditions), (about us) links?

keep up the good work. when it is done wanna host it on surfsure.co.uk/rpg cause its a nicer domain if ya get my drift? or does anyone else have a good domain for hosting it? (hehehe if u have enchantment.co.uk u r having us on!!)

cya guys
    the doc

We need an ASP server...
    Does surfsure supports ASP?

no. asp costs money. hehehe so my server dont support it, also i got the server on a long contract like 2 years ago (damn them the prices have dropped so much!) so it was well pricey then.

Here is some of the thing We need to decide so I can put them in the website...

1) The final Story and plot of the games...
    2) The Hero and main characters of the game...

thats what we were stuck on - personally i think we should stick with gary's original storyline and develop that.

i also think the story should start in a medievil-esque town, with like little back streets and lots of close houses and shops with that black and white tudor woodwork. there should be lots of different shops for the user to look in even if they cant buy anything from some, such as blacksmiths for weaponary, magic shops, and bakers for food!

also some peoples housing so that you can like explore and feel that there are other people.

is there an AI script we can use that controls a computer avatar character within a building so that (s)he does not go and collide with our hero? then we could use it in streets etc too.

a good little starter plot - perhaps you should have to explore the town and find a sage who will be able to guide you to your destiny, but for him to help you you must first find the items he wants eg. a gold medallion. so then you must find that and get it in your inventory then take it back to him, then the 'second chapter' can begin???

tell me what you think - with that plot we could maybe get a playable demo up and running and release that to publicise the game. this will get a lot of people interested as remember their reaction just to our 1 room demo's!

have we got the script that on collision with a hotspot you go to another scene? that is the key i think along with more graphics.

ill get working on some brick textures and some wood exterior textures.

regards and good luck, please give feedback!
    the doc.

I guess we could develope garys story...

I was thinking that maybe it will be better if the players starts inside a temple in his village where he will have a small tutorial thing to introduce the player to the game controlls, etc...

And I think maybe it will better if the player doesnt know what will be the big quest of the game right on the start...
    I think the player should be sent to do some minor quests where he will see strange things that will give him clues on what is going on...

I also think that the player should be a young hero that just came of age and goes out to the world...

kinda like the first n64 zelda? he came of age, had a lot of sub quests to start with and got lots of lil clues.

I had an Idea for a story for the game...
    The game starts as the hero is an mature man who had a lot of adventures...
    A war is coming up now as evil creatures rise to the earth and destroy everything... This makes the hero remember when he just came of age and the same evil came on to the earth...

This is the first part of the game where the hero is young this way the player learns first hand of the history of the hero... after this first part where the player succeded in the first big quest (and maybe some sub-quests) the second part begins when the old hero finished reminising and sets on to battle the minions of hell once again, only now he has much more experience....

What do you think, I think this can be interesting to do...
    Needs some more work though...

P.S - Is there anyone else on this project or its only you and me, FunFrock?