A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [RESOLVED] Get involved - FLASH.project.3d_(rpg)

Hi people,

I'm just back from italy (surfing at lake garda). I couldn't post when I was leaving because the site was once again down!! I hate that.

I leave on thursday (much vacation) so if you want something to be done, just mail here.

^1letser

binaryhit

Hi guys

Hi guys,

I haven't been around too much lately, but I thought i'd drop by and see how you are all getting on! And was wondering if you wanted to let everyone know about the project from my site!

If you want to then just go to:
    http://psychotiq.com

And stick it in the "Source Center" under Flash 5, so that people can get involved with Enchantment!!

Whilst your there I would be really grateful if you guys could rate the site, positive and negative points would be most appreciated!

You can send your points to:
    mailto:webmaster@psychotiq.com

*** Dan I will send you my new logo later on today!! Just doing it now!! ***

//Gary

ive been reading ur threads and was wondering just how the game is coming. me personally am proud of how u guys are joining together to produce a game like this. i would love if there was anyway i can help. i am a pretty good action script programmer and am normally free to lend a hand when its needed. i was also wondering why u guys dont go for all out on 3d using Swift3D and 3d studio max?? a friend of mine has been using and he has put out some wicked animations. i dont really know if it can work in real time but it would be cool. if u guys are interesting in Swift just go to http://www.erain.com

p.s. thanks again for doing this

binaryhit

Hey Guys

Well, I seem to have noticed this topic has come to a holt and therefore if nobody minds, as the copywrite holder to this project I wish to restart it from my website. If people could send me any available content to:

mailto:webmaster@psychotiq.com

The official website will be:

http://psychotiq.com/enchantment

The site will be available from the 14th August 2001. If any of you guys think this is a bad idea then please let me know, but to keep this game alive I feel that it is the right thing to do!!

Don't worry though, the forum will remain at flashkit.com!!!

//Gary
    aka (BINARYHIT)

binaryhit

nicro007

nicro007,

Just a word, It is not a possibility to run a whole game using Swift unless you were using BROARD broard broard band, lol

Reason being the file size would be huge and secondly if the 3d had already been rendered in swift how could it be run in real time?? The point of realtime rendering means that it isn't pre-endered. What to you think the RAVID proccessor is doing??

Anyway EVERYONE --- If anyone would like to become the manager of this project on a "Payment upon completion" basis then please email me with the reasons that you want to do it and what you could offer to the project. Please note that you could make a fair few rolls of cash from it, if you are prepared to help properly.

Applicants must have skills in Flash 5 and be pretty good at HTML programming too as you will have to run a small site.

The email address is mailto:webmaster@psychotiq.com

I am not proficient enough in flash 5 sorry.

But i am completely proficient in writing pure HTML code eg. i do not ever use WYSIWIG or any other software.

So i could run the site which would be nice, i would actually like to, and i have knowledge of the project.

erm gary on your site i can not sign up to be a member because it just auto comes up with "password error = please try again" when i am choosing one.

Im sorry I havent been around much...

But I will be retiring from this project since there is a real lack of crew and lack of my own time...

Been great working on this project...

I started my own project on my own...
    A 3D RPG engine in C++..

P.S-If you want to use my website design please for the rest of the project please E-Mail me at: sbender@bezeqint.net
    Also if you continue with the current engine, please remember to credit my work:
    -The weather system and user interface.

I dont want to sound selfish but experience taught me that
    its best to insist on important things...

Good luck with the rest of the project...
    Maybe when my engine starts to have some "meat and bones" on it I will make a website for it and post the address here...

include??

i was just wondering what u could import using the #include action because maybe u can expand the project from a server side aspect in which it runs mostly from server and sends client minimal data.
    About the Swift3D i have no experience with the system just that i thought for some reason u could wrap a texture around a bone system coded in Flash?? i dont know if it will work but just an option i guess.
    I come from a programming aspect using C++ so my knowledge of memory from graphics is very limited. so gary i was wondering if u could fill me in on the memory management of flash when it comes to 3d graphics.

p.s. what version of shockwave u using??

I dont know if u guys want this project to die or not, but i would really like it to go on. so if u guys could email me what u got so far and the art i will more then happly take a look at it and see what i can do with it.
    personally though i will try a different engine style because what i have seen so far is that its very tedious, but than again u should start from somewhere.

well thanks again everyone for giving this a try though i really apreciate seeing a group of people joining together for a common goal.

hello

I was just wondering if anyone will be posting here anymore or did i kill the crowd??
    Well if someone could help me out with this dilemma
    i would appreciate it