A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANTI SWISH !

uninstall it faster

I know it is easier to make an effect in swish, but Swish generates movies ten times bigger then they should be. It generate the movies in the most stupid way. And hence the people who use Swish create sites and etc much more bigger than they should be. You cud easily compare swish movie with flash/action script movie. For example simple wave in flash adds 2kb and swish made - 30 kb.
    I think swish users steal others time by saving their own.

And one more thing. If you once lose time to study the ways of making such effects in flash than you get much more effects in your disposal. And since that time creating them will be as fast as copy and paste plus maybe some imagination.

Swish is pure bluff.

Yawwwwn

I thought "it makes every frame a keyframe was next"
    hehehe! YAWN!...snore!

Borrrring!!!!

Why do people need to poo poo something that is easy to use....well, easy for people like me! :-)
    Swish is great in my opinion.

Um.... why does it concern you if we use an awesome, inexpensive, timesaving alternative to Flash? Personally, I've tried the trial Flash, can't do anything. Yet in Swish I can make awesome Flashes where people have said I'm pretty good, and I'm just a Swish newbie. Also, I can't afford Flash, but I can afford Swish. It's unbelievable that someone with no Flash knowledge can go and create a decent Flash. So you can't tear Swish out of my computer.

Nobody is stealing time because nobody is forcing you to visit at "swished"-webpage. You dont like it, dont wait. Maybe you should also stop visiting pages made with Netscape Fusion or Dreamweaver, i am sure the HTML-Code those programs create isnt perfect either. And dont visit pages where the images arent optimised. You know, if i was you, i'd just as well cut off my internet connection, its just not good enought for me.

seems to me its the wrong place for my thread )

Guys u r right - it is easy, unexpencive, and size doesnt matter.
    Guys u r wong - way of creative is never easy. Swish gives no understanding, no sence, nothing new but jewing all the same. This product is for newbies making them stay newbie.

And main claim was to the producers: size matters! And why they generate only swf's? If having fla's it cud be somehow usefull.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    hey rolling,
    why, why, why did you join a swish support forum if you think it is so much crap. Just being a troll, or what?
    I thinks you is pure bluff, or maybe just puff!!
    david p.

just like in the newsgroups this is a TROLL

sometimes softvare producers take into account users opinion while making new version. thats why i started the thread. its my support.

so....

...you're saying David needs to change the features that make Swish stand out from Flash?

Perhaps David should also raise the price, so newbies can get used to the prices MM charges?

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I actually don't find this supportive even though you suggest that it is your contribution to swish support.
    still seems like trolling to me....
    david p.
    Originally posted by rolling
    uninstall it faster

I know it is easier to make an effect in swish, but Swish generates movies ten times bigger then they should be. It generate the movies in the most stupid way. And hence the people who use Swish create sites and etc much more bigger than they should be. You cud easily compare swish movie with flash/action script movie. For example simple wave in flash adds 2kb and swish made - 30 kb.
    I think swish users steal others time by saving their own.

And one more thing. If you once lose time to study the ways of making such effects in flash than you get much more effects in your disposal. And since that time creating them will be as fast as copy and paste plus maybe some imagination.

Swish is pure bluff.

Rolling,

Thanks for your support. Could you send me the .fla file and .swi file which do the same wave effect? Maybe we can do something about it in the next version.

Cheers,

Hung-Hsin

Oops! Forgot one thing.
    My email address is hhchang@optushome.com.au

Actually his thread was supportive, i didn't know what a troll was until now :-)

Guys u r wong - way of creative is never easy. Swish gives no understanding, no sence, nothing new but jewing all the same. This product is for newbies making them stay newbie.
    Rolling, what do you mean my "JEWING"? I would hate to think that your an Anti-Semetic PIG!!

Trolling trolling, trolling; keep that Rolling trolling RAW HIDE!

Sorry, I had to get it out. Actually, if I have to scrifice size for eazy-to-make flash, so be it. You have two choices when visiting a site...Wait for the movie...or leave.

Fla's, fla's, fla's...

And main claim was to the producers: size matters! And why they generate only swf's? If having fla's it cud be somehow usefull.

Can you say: "Proprietary to Macromedia?"

I knew you could! (Especially since its been said over, and over, and over...)

-Speed

Den

I am very disheartened by the viscious attacks I see here from s0-called senior members who are supposed to be professionals. The guy put out a piece of data, that's it--that swish output files are substantially bigger than flash. He's right. It's not about arguing whether he's right or wrong, or a troll or whatever, it's just data...the files ARE bigger. From a designer's standpoint it is a critical issue.

I question the "seniority" of members that try to cut every newcomer off at the knees...have you learned so much that your umpteen posts give you that right???

I want to learn here, not destroy every comment I don't agree with.

MindFix

Don't know about others

Rolling:

I don't know about others but I find that for myself swish does the trick. Ever think that maybe were not all loosers and that some of us do have other things in our lives that need to be done so that we don't have hours to sit in front of our computer to learn Flash when swish does what we need. Yes I can see if your a web developer then ok you might want to learn flash for your buisness, thats understandable and yes I would love to learn it, but at this time I don't have the time. So speaking for myself and probably most of us in here, swish is one of the greatest web tools around for people who don't have a whole hell of a lot of time on their hands.